Making links in Serv-U

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 1999TL, Feb 23, 2004.

1. 1999TL

1999TL Guest

I'm using Serv-U 2.5, and I can't figure out how to make links. I want to be a ble to have access to all my drives for my account, but when I log in, I can't get any links to work. does anybody know how to do this? I've tried creating a shortcut to the drive on my home directory, but it doesn't show up?

Also, how do you give ppl a direct link so they can download a file? Awhile back I used to be able to just put in my site and file name, and it would load. That was before I had my router, but for some reason, it doesn't work now. Any ideas? Thanks in Advance.

2. 1999TL

1999TL Guest

anybody?

3. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

Back when I used to use servu you just created link. Maybe there was an option you had to set in servu to allow it to find and follow links. Make sure the loged in user has the proper persmissions to the drive too.

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

5. 1999TL

1999TL Guest

I gave myself access to all my drives. However, when I log in, It won't see the other hard drives. I tried to put shortcuts to the other hard drives in my home directory, but they didn't appear. I'll try that other link right now.

6. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

You're not going to see the other drives when you log in since you have to pick a home directory in the setup.

On the top of the window in your FTP client, you will see "/d:/" where "d" is the drive letter. You can change the d to the drive letter you want to go to.

You should also be able to hit the parent directory link on the top of the directory listing considering you didn't lock yourself in the home directory.

HTH.

7. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

oh shit I had that issue a long time ago, never did figure it out I think, or if I did I can't remember how I did it :hs:

8. 1999TL

1999TL Guest

well when I try the method of typign it in, it takes me somewhere, but then I don't see sh!t. This is pissing me off. I'm doing everything to the T...at least i think.

9. 1999TL

1999TL Guest

I quit. Whoever can get this working for me I will pay them for their time. I've tried all the methods but it doesn't work. Maybe I should try a different version.
    aim: L999TL

10. 1999TL

1999TL Guest

upgraded to 5.0 and it has an option that says "lock user in directory" when you're setting up users. i coudln't find that anywhere in 2.5.