GUN making a trade

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PlayingGod, Aug 19, 2004.

1. PlayingGod

PlayingGod New Member

my dad is making a trade with a friend of his. he is trading his winchester model 97 (my dads) for a 9mm s&w pistol, and a s&w .38 (2" barrel, my dad wants it to carry), i dont know the exact models (even though i held the guns today :o ). but the 9mm is for me. and the guy is giving my dad $300 bucks with the guns. the guy shoots cowboy competitions, so thats why he wants the model 97.. even though its broken (the piece that ejects the shells broke off, and the guy already ordered a new piece for it). anyway, does that sound like a fair trade? this guy is fucking crazy though, he used to work vice for the lapd, he has so many guns its amazing.

2. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

How long of a barrel does the 97 have out of curiosity? They're becoming popular again thanks the cowboy action shooting like you mentioned.

3. PlayingGod

PlayingGod New Member

I'm not sure, but its original, hasnt been sawed off at all. The guy we are trading to is going to cut it down though.

4. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

That's kinda why I asked since most of them had around a 26" barrel. Norinco is making knocks of the trench guns now that seem to be decent so alot of people are buying them.