Making a personal DVD

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GuOD, Apr 4, 2005.

1. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

If I have several video files such as .mov and .avi from my friends cameras is it possible to make 1 DVD with all the vides on it and the menu will allow them to choose which video to watch?

If so, which programs would I need to do so? I tried searching google but it's all very confusing and I'm sure it's a simple process.

2. oz02

oz02 New Member

Any DVD Authoring programs will do. Try a search for DVD Authoring programs.

EDIT: That is assuming you have a DVD burner.

3. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

But is there any way to keep the videos at the same quality they are now? I've found methods but I just want to put the files on exactly as they are and have menus. No worse quality.

4. oz02

oz02 New Member

Generally a DVD Authoring program should keep the files at the same quality. Try a few out and see what you like.

5. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

The files should be kept at the same or similar quality, but the DVD authoring prorgam has to convert them to the DVD format...

6. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

Thanks I was converting them to mpg which is awful. DVD format works.

What if some of them are widescreen and some are fullscreen. Will they still work properly?

7. oz02

oz02 New Member

I believe that also has to do with your Authoring program. If I'm correct, the authoring progam should display it correctly no matter what format it is in. I've never had any experience with the same format on one DVD, but I think it should be preserved.