GUN MAK90 buttstock question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 4bangin, Apr 30, 2007.

1. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

This buttstock came on the MAK90 that I purchased. I have been told that it is just a modified thumbhole stock. I can not find one like mine ANYWHERE so I believe it. I need a new one because this one is cracked. My only doubt is that I purchased this firearm from someone who knows very little (even less than me) about guns. I have examined it closely and I do not see one single sing of where any modifications have been made. The wood is all smooth and glossy as if it was made this way. What do you all think? Someone apparently put a good bit of work into this if it is a modified thumbhole. I just wanted all of your opinions before I purchased a thumbhole buttstock and tried to replicate it.

My original:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance my friends.

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Looks like a chopped t-hole to me, If the previous owner had little gun knowledge I'd check over your parts good chance he just chopped it and didnt make it 922 compliant.

3. 4bangin

Most of the parts are us compliance parts from tapco if that makes a differance on whether or not the stock was legally modified..

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ah ok, judging by the looks of your old stock its a slant cut reciever? If your going to get a normal stock this time around make make sure its for slant cut(assuming thats what yours is)

5. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

doesnt take much to sand and refinish... it shouldnt look like someone chopped it

6. 4bangin

Thanks guys :) Guess that is all I needed to know.