SRS Major insecurity issue... / "?" Input?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Alberto Eduardo, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Alberto Eduardo

Alberto Eduardo New Member

Well I've never really had a girlfriend, I get rejected quite often when it comes to interaction.

So my sister in-law tells me to message one of her friends. We talk a bit, mostly just a bunch of smalltalk. Little bit about family and friends, our pasts, etc. This has been going on for about a few weeks. Just then I decide to step things up a bit, by introducing a game that my inlaw suggested to me. Basically truth and dare minus the dare to get to the nitty gritty. So when I ask her if she wants to she immediately says she has to go.

Well I just immediately jumped to a bunch of conclusions and paranoid ones at that. "She knew what was going to happen". "Ugh, there's somebody else, I'm a joke!" "What the hell is wrong with me?" and a bunch of other crazy things. And I just totally freaked out. I mean we're not dating but I really do like her a lot and I'm just losing lots of sleep over some as miniscule and stupid like this. :ugh:

Any feedback?

2. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

Breathe, deeply, and breathe deeply some more. Right now, you don't know what the deal is, but it could be anything, and it's likely NOT to be one the things you mentioned. If you just chill out for a while, and even let those thoughts come AND GO, she will probably explain the abrupt exit, in the near future. Just don't hound her.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The point is not rejection, but that you 'allow' yourself to be rejected. Im not saying to force people to accept you but, that you must be strong enough to stand 'above' rejection,when you are alone because people reject you, you are the only one who can support and love yourself, if at least you would stand firm and tall for who you are and what you do, then you don't have to find justification for the girls who have their heads up in space,and to aknowledge that you deserve more then to be treated like trash by some individual who abuses your co-dependance on her to really hurt you badly emotionally.

4. skillfull87

skillfull87 New Member

Also, fact of the matter is that people have insecurities, and you have to realize that you judge yourself far more than anyone else will ever judge you. That is where the phrase, ' you are your own worst enemy', comes from. Just realize that there isn't anything wrong with you... Thats just a fact of life. You need to start thinking the opposite way, you will get rejected in your life, and you will succeed in getting what you want, just be ready for both.