SRS major depression

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by WaLLy, Mar 8, 2005.

1. WaLLy

WaLLy New Member

a couple weeks ago i broke up with my gf of almost 2 years. we were doing the long distance relationship for about 6mo. apparently she couldnt handle it anymore.

a couple of days ago i call her to see what she has been up to, to see if we can still be friends. this girl meant the world to me and i would do anything for her. this call turned a complete 180 for me when i found out that she found a new man, is sleeping with him, and even wants to marry him (this detail i found when i was deleting her off my facebook.com and came across her new xanga).

wtf... i went to visit her the week we broke up and i could tell we definately still had strong feelings for each other. she even mentioned that she wasn't over me when i emailed her a week after we broke up. she had just broken up with me and now she has a new bf that she is apparantly madly in love with. btw, i'm 21 and she is 20.

we are really open with each other and i know she was not seeing this guy behind my back. she said it came very fast and the emotions were strong with this guy.

this situation coupled with one of my close buddy letting me down and continually abusing my generosity and stress from finals coming up, i really really dont know how to handle this situation. i can barely sleep and i'm a zombie in class. what can i do to alleviate some of this depression?

2. Omega6_Virus

Omega6_Virus New Member

Physical activity. Go do 25 pushups right now. I guarantee you'll feel better after. You'll forget about other stuff while you do any kind of physical work-out. Running is great too. Anything really.

I've been in your place. It sucks. Nothing to really heal the wounds of your relationship but time. Took me about 6months to get over my last girl. Seeing other chicks checking you out really boosts your confidence. Remember yourself. You're single; it sucks now, but you'll be happy later on.

:hug: Good luck dude. Go work out, you'll love it I swear.

3. WaLLy

WaLLy New Member

thanx for the words, i really appreciate it. could not focus in class earlier and just left. too many emotions coming over me.

i'm trying to completely write her out of my life. its hard. she gave me a lot of gifts and clothes. do i just store them away?

i just wrote her a letter laying everything out. i said everything i could that i would not be able to say on the phone. it was not mean, but i basically said that i can no longer hear from her ever again. writing this letter REALLY helped. i was able to get a lot of stuff out there and give myself some closure.

o yea, tried to go to the gym yesterday, didn't work. had zero focus, just too depressed. maybe i should try running?

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Google: Rebound. Their thing doesn't have a chance. He's just someone else, because the pain of not having you is too great. In a way... its almost flattering.

Try running, cycling, swimming, walking... anything.

5. WaLLy

WaLLy New Member

i hope its just someone else and it doesn't stand a change. but i came across her myspace and it listed her new bf in there. pryed when i shouldn't have and it seems they're really into each other.

good thing is i'm gettin better. the frequency of pain and overwelming emotions has been reduced. writing her out of my life is going to be one of the hardest things. she was my first true love and i experienced a lot of "first times" with her. hopefully time will heal these wounds.

6. Britney Spears

Britney Spears New Member

Beverly Hillz, California *~ I LOVE FANMAIL! ~* Je
    You can go party like I do... meh, prolly not.

7. PNice972

PNice972 OT Supporter

been in your situation, well, i still pretty much am. its been 3 months and im still not over it. but it is getting better.

8. AO

AO New Member

I'll give you a clue: every woman you go through is just pointing to the next one.

You'll like the smile on one and will look for it in your next one. You like her voice and will look for it in another woman. You like how she makes love and you'll look for it in the next one.

Each woman you go through will point you to the next one to come into your life.

Thank them all, keep them in your heart - and so out seeking the one that is perfect - the one with the smile from your 3rd girlfriend, the personality from your 6th girlfriend, the smile of your 2nd, the voice of your 4th, the way she holds herself like your 7th, the cooking like your 5th, the mothering instict of your 9th, the shape of your 8th...

Just let it go and move on...

Women are doing the same - they're looking for a guy just like you.

Go out and find each other.

9. WaLLy

WaLLy New Member

thanks for all the support. i really appreciate it. i've been going to clubs and working out more. its been helping but i still think about her a lot. going to vegas this weekend, hopefully i'll be able to let loose and party hard.