Maine's PreWorkout Supplement Review Extraganza!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by MaineSucks, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

With the work week screeching to a halt and my mind not really able to focus on anything but the weekend, I decided to review the various PreWorkout powders I have tried over the last few weeks.

The Best: USP Labs Jack3d

[​IMG]

This is the best powder I have used for preworkout energy. I have a fairly high tolerance for stimulants... with that said, I am on my second tub of the stuff. I have been taking 2 scoops preworkout and its been golden. I was really dragging ass on Tuesday, so I decided to use 3 scoops. I'm pretty sure I had 4 or 5 small heart attacks at the gym immediately after.

It took me 35 minutes on the recumbent bike to cool down after lifting and this is a deload week so the weights were all light.

The best part of Jack3d is that I didn't notice any of the ass-vomiting that I noticed with other supplements (especially SuperPump and N.O. Xplode). The product lacks magnesium, so I guess thats the golden ticket.

I took it without any carbs and had the Beta-Alanine-Crackhead-Tingling within 15 minutes of drinking down my scoops. The pump felt good and I had more than enough energy to get through my workouts. Even on the mornings that I'm training before breakfast, a couple scoops and I'm good to set a PR.

The Runner Up
    : VPX's N.O. Shotgun

[​IMG]

I heard a few people say some good things about this shit, so I gave it a try. I like the fact it has BCAAs in it. On the morning where I'm training before breakfast, its good to get a little something in me and some of the preworkout supplements.

The taste is outstanding. Best out of any of the preworkout supplements. I have a tub of Watermelon and love it... wish more supplements tasted like it. Serving size is one big scoop and there are 30 servings in a jug. Not too bad, should last you a month.

I noticed a faint Beta Alanine tingle, but not nearly like Jack3d. There is a magnesium version in it, but I didn't get the shits with this stuff.

Overall a good product, its heavier than Jack3d so if youre a bitch and have a sensitive stomach, you might not want to pound it immediately before a session.

SHITty: SuperPump250

[​IMG]

More like SuperDump250. The first time I tried a few scoops of SuperPump I thought it was great. The taste sucked total ass and it felt like I drank a glass of sour Warheads but I had some crazy pumps and a really good training session.....

after I got out of the bathroom. I chalked it up to something not agreeing with me from lunch and proceeded to have a good training session. Took it again the next day and wound up in the shitter at the gym again but didn't have the great session like the day before. It took me a while, for some reason... it should have been obvious, that the SuperPump was killing my stomach. I did a little reasearch and saw I wasn't the only one. The good training session can be chalked up to placebo effect.

Fuck this stuff.

Only did SHIT: N.O. Xplode

[​IMG]

Ah yes, the infamous frat-bro N.O.-xplode. I was serverely against buying this product just because I saw the people that were taking it and raving about it and hated all of them. Then one of my former training partners Lance Mosely came into Southside with some of it. He's taken everything under the moon, so I figured why not? I found a tub for cheap online and gave it a try.

I set some pretty incredbile PR's with that tub. 4 trips to the bathroom in one session. 5 trips the next day. This shit is like instant mud butt.

I should have trusted my instincts and stayed away.

Some More....

When All Else Fails: Endorush

[​IMG]

Endorush is different than other preworkout supplements... its nothing more than a glorified energy drink. With the other products I have tried, I have taken them for the ingredients that promise "skin ripping pumps" and "roadmap vascularity."

Endorush is just an energy drink without all the other shit in it. It gives you a good bit of energy on the days you are dragging ass. If I'm out of any of these supplements and don't have time to run to the store, I'll buy an Endorush at the gym and slam it before I train.

Its really expensive, though. It claims you get 4 servings out of one bottle, so its supposed to be cost effective (1 dollar per serving) but who opens up a whole bottle and only drinks a quarter of it? No one.

Overall, gives you a good boost when you don't have anything else to take but very expensive.

The Best for Cardio: Anafit's Cardio Breeze

[​IMG]

I simply won't do a cardio session without taking Cardio Breeze before hand. I get on the treadmill or elliptical and just feel like I can go forever. The times when I forget to take it or am out of it, I stare at the time for 30-60 minutes and it feels like time has come to a halt.

Pop some Cardio Breeze and I'm shocked with 30 minutes has passed and usually decide to keep going.

Amazing product.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

I wanna try Jacked but I feel pretty good about EC when I need it :dunno:

Maybe when more $$ comes in I'll try it.

3. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

I've tried Jack3d 3-4 times so far. Seems like 2 scoops is good enough for me.

I wanna finish out my first tub before thinking about selling the other 2.

4. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

Nice review! Thanx Maine!!

5. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

thank you

6. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

Thx bruh

7. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

8. Shroomy

Shroomy OT Supporter

Thanks for the reviews. Trying to avoid caffeine though so I won't be bothering with any of those. Decent pre-workout supps without caffeine seem hard to come by I guess.

9. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Good reviews.

NO-Xplode did something very similar to me as well. The first few times I thought I had a stomach bug or something, but after a bit I figured out it was the product. About 30min into my workout I'd rush to the bathroom and piss out of my ass. Then, about 1 or 2 more times throughout my workout I'd have to go back to the bathroom and deal wit shrapnel shits (the kind where a bunch of tiny pieces just shoot out in about 2sec and you're done).

It worked great, but not worth the hassle.

Another product that wasn't too bad was Primaforces "Primal N20". It had all the benefits of the NO-xplode, with less ass-xplode. I would sometimes still have to take a shit during my workout but it was limited to 1 and didn't happen every time.... Mostly just with food in my stomach.

I'd like to try Jack3d, but lately I have been disliking the jittery/anxious feelings that pre-workout stims give me. I think I get enough sleep negate the necessity of it. When I start working full-time, that may be another story.
    Also, I workout around 8pm and won't get out of there until 10 or so. If I take a good pre-workout stim I don't sleep until 3am.

10. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Why are you trying to avoid caffeine?

11. y0gfx

y0gfx BURAAAJYANAII!!!

You should add White Flood onto the list.

then Jungle Warfare

12. Shroomy

Shroomy OT Supporter

i'm pretty sensitive to stims. :o

thinking I might just make my own with some bulk aakg, citrulline malate, bcaas, ecaas, beta alanine and cee. probably gonna get expensive though.

13. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

Was there a reason for not taking any carbs with it?

Been taking it with 75g of carbs and wonder if that's reducing the effects of it.

14. Shroomy

Shroomy OT Supporter

plus if i make my own i can adjust the ingredient dosages which are often low in many preworkout supps. i like ~3g beta alanine, 4-5 grams cee, ~2 grams citrulline malate, etc.

the premade stuff is so much more convenient though and probably cheaper than making your own :sad2:

15. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Nearly all pre-workout stims suggest taking it on an empty stomach, and if you "MUST" have food, keep it low carb. This is due to absorption and digestion. The affects are lessened with food (especially carbs) in your system.

Think about the difference in how a cup of coffee hits you if you have it on an empty stomach or with food in your system. Huge difference (at least for me).

16. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I tried doing this once. Taking everything you said there would be more expensive, but I just did the following:

3 arginine capsules, 3g CEE, 300mg caffeine, Emergen-C packet (contains a bunch of B-vitamins).
    It worked well, but I got sick of going through that routine and it started getting expensive. 1 months worth would run me $40 which is about what most pre-workout supps cost.

17. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

Yeah, that's obvious with solid foods but the 75g comes from 1 scoop of waxy maize + 3 scoops of Gatorade (liquid) so I figured that it would still "jack" me up. Will try to move 35g of that to post workout today and see the difference.

18. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

I like feeling like a crackhead and carbs supposedly get rid of the itchy feeling from beta alanine. Plus, I just don't have any carbs scheduled before I train.

19. Shroomy

Shroomy OT Supporter

I love that tingly feeling. :o

20. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

It doesn't say straight up. Caffeine is part of the 153mg "Y-RD Blend". So its less than 300mg, which is pretty good for a preworkout supp.

21. Shroomy

Shroomy OT Supporter

It's reminiscent of the infamous opiate itch.

22. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

Haven't tried White Flood yet, but it sounds aware. May have to give it a go.

Jungle Warfare has hormonal sides, a friend of mine tested positive for Methyl-Test after taking Jungle Warfare.... I'd rather just inject something than take an oral.

23. knucks

knucks Active Member

i think i'm done with jack3d. i feel like death after it all, then when i come down i want to kill things

24. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Yeah, that I'm not sure of.

Test it out. Take it on an empty stomach and see if you feel a difference.

25. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

In respect to other stims, it's not that much. But all-in-all, 300mg of caffeine taken in all at once (not sipped on) on an empty stomach is still a lot IMO.

And this comes from someone who used to drink 4 cups of Starbuck's drip coffee a day. :noes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.