Mail users...can Mail do any of this?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by turbo91, May 18, 2005.

1. turbo91

turbo91 New Member

Mail 2.0 is still annoying, as it seems to lack a few basic features...if anyone knows how to do any of these things, please let me know...

Is there no way to set which IMAP folders get displayed? This is a standard feature of ANY IMAP client.

Can I change the name of the "Sent" folder for IMAP accounts?

Can I change the font of mail that gets displayed? I like using a non-TrueType font like Courier, so the spacing between the letters is even. Call me anal, but it's easier to read.

The key sequence for marking messages Read/Unread is ridiculous. You have to press 3 keys. There should be a single-click method of toggling read status, like in Thunderbird.

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

It took me three crashes of Firefox while trying to copy and paste ("Reload Every" extension was crashing my Firefox on Windoze), so I hope this helps. :)

From the Mail.app thread on macintouch.com ( http://www.macintouch.com/mail.app13.html )...

"Jim Woodgett
    If you use an IMAP server to store and access your mail, you may encounter problems in Tiger where instead of your mailboxes being listed on your Mac, your entire UNIX directory is listed. The solution is to open Mail Preferences/Accounts/Advanced and type into the IMAP Path Prefix just the word: mail"

3. turbo91

turbo91 New Member

Ah, thanks. I already did this, actually. IMAP clients usually have a "subscribe" feature that let you choose a subset of folders to display in the client...Mail apparently doesn't. Maybe I'll just stick with Thunderbird for a while. :hs:

4. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

Hmm...

Did you browse through the posts on the link I posted? I don't have any IMAP accounts or Tiger yet, so I can't really help by experimentation on this one. :hs:

5. Spinkick

Spinkick Active Member

spotlight is a hellava drug.

If it werent for spotlight I wouldnt be using 2.0 eaither.

6. turbo91

turbo91 New Member

Yeah I did...no luck. Thanks for the link though.