Mail on the iPhone..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by verbal, Feb 28, 2008.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

I have two Gmail accounts I want to use on the iPhone. As of right now I have them configured just how I want them to act in Mail. When I plug in my iPhone, is having iTunes sync the configuration good enough? Or do I have to totally reconfig them on the phone?

I'm using IMAP. Should I check the boxes to sync the mailboxes too? Or is that for POP only?

2. BIGsteev

BIGsteev New Member

i THINK it will sync them as IMAP. I'm pretty sure I have my gmail account set up in mail as IMAP and I just went through iTunes to sync it to my iPhone. So I would say yes, check the buttons for those mailboxes too

3. verbal

verbal Active Member

I'm thinking checking the boxes isn't necessary though if you're using IMAP. I think those boxes should only be checked for POP accounts.

4. BIGsteev

BIGsteev New Member

So I just explored a little bit, and you might be right about that little check. I DON'T have mine checked for Gmail -- I think when I tried it, it wasn't working right, so I just set it up over again on my iPhone separately. I think on my phone though I set it up as IMAP, not sure though

5. verbal

verbal Active Member

I tried it too. I think it just transfers settings. I tested how mail is handled on the iPhone and it works exactly like it does in Mail-- after syncing.