GUN Magsafe ammo

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by lt1aggie, Apr 7, 2007.

1. lt1aggie

lt1aggie what?

I was at the gun store the other day asking the owner about home defense ammo. (I have a 9mm) He recommended Magsafe ammo. According to their website,they performed very well in the Strasbourg tests. What does WMD think of this ammo? I currently live in a duplex, so overpenetration could be a problem.

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Never used it myself, from things I read it looks decent enough. None of my 9's are my goto HD guns but I occasionally carry P99 in 9mm for work and I use Ranger SXT's in it.

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

4. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

5. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

6. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

heh. :o

edit to add: never trust an ammomaker's claims on their website. find independent reviews.

7. lt1aggie

lt1aggie what?

Thanks for the links, those were both interesting reads. I did not consider an arm or some other obstacle when thinking about the Magsafe ammo. How did Magsafe achieve what they claim to be such good results in the Strasborug tests though?

8. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

One of my friends went shooting for the first time today and when at the gun store was asking about that stuff. I told him the way I've always thought about was, if the round is going to have trouble penetrating dry wall then I'm not going to trust it to penetrate a person deep enough to cause a mortal wound.

9. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Advertising doesn't have to be true ;)

Anyway as far as the goat test, first why care? People aren't goats, we're built differently.

http://www.firearmstactical.com/streetstoppers.htm
    "In mid-1993, the results of an authorless "study" done purportedly by shooting more than 600 goats in Strasbourg, France, were circulated, anonymously, throughout the handgun community. A copy of these "Strasbourg Tests" was sent to the Firearms Training Unit of the FBI just before a scheduled meeting of the Wound Ballistics Committee. The committee members, all respected pathologist or trauma surgeons, were unanimous in their opinion that these "tests" were, in fact, a hoax -- and had been fabricated, most likely by somebody without a medical background. A detailed analysis of these tests was published in the Wound Ballistics Review."
    That analysis is Fackler, Martin L., M.D.: "The 'Strasbourg Tests:' Another Gunwriter/Bullet Salesman Fraud?" Wound Ballistics Review, 1(4): 10-11; 1994. "The only people who believe the 'Strasbourg Tests' are real are the usual crowd of crackpot 'magic' bullet believers and the pathetically incompetent editors of consumer gun magazines like Guns & Ammo."

Even Ayoob who I don't view in a positive ballistic information light doesn't buy into the goat tests or its usefulness.

10. lt1aggie

lt1aggie what?

Fucking internet. You find one thing that says something is true, then another that says it's not. Well, I think my question has been answered though after reading the other articles that were posted.

11. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

get real defense ammo, or just use a butter knife or a can opener.