GUN magpul m93b & vltor modstocks

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Nov 13, 2005.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Checking to see if anyones got any experience with either of these stocks for the AR15. I've seen a couple reviews of them on other forums which seemed positive, anyone have any thing negative to say about them? I want to be sure before i drop $160-220 on one.

2. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

i have 2 magpul m93a if that tells you anything.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

cool, thats the one in leaning towards havn't heard any cons against and only con i heard on the VLOTR was its a whisker puller which i rather avoid.
    100% satisfied with no complaints at all? I'm looking at the 93b with strike plate. If I love it I'll end up with one more I got 3 lowers total, 1 with m4 4 pos. one with standard A2 and one i still have to build. this will be replacing my M4 stock

4. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

the only bad thing about the magpul is that it's ugly as fucking sin. I'd choose a vltor over a magpul just to avoid having the Terminator's mechanical dick sticking out the back of my rifle.

5. Painkiller

Painkiller Sometimes remembering is better than forgetting

I'd wait till the new M93 comes out.

6. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

:rofl:

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

havn't heard anything about new one, whats the difference between new one and 93b?

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:rofl::rofl: I agree its not the prettiest thing out, the vlotr isnt that much better looking but when i finnally have everything finished I'm thinking about doing a paintjob on the entire rifle I saw a desert digi pattern over on ar15.com and it looked really good all painted up.

9. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

The Magpul is solid as a rock; easily the most solid, durable stock on the market. I honestly think you could beat down a door with the thing; other's don't hold a candle to it as far as durability goes. Also, I like the ratchet style adjustments. The size of the butt is nice, too, as I think it is one of the largest.

The VLTOR, well, it is okay, too. Looks better, but closer to the norm. The Magpul is kinda cool because it is different. I do like the tubes attached to the VLTOR though. Allows for spare batteries/bolt/ammo/etc. They also provide a nice cheekweld. However, the cheekweld on the Magpul is better than most telestocks, too.

As you can tell, I speak from experience:

[​IMG]

10. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

No complaints. I know a lot of people dont like the way it looks. But personally, it like it because it is different.

Like USMC said, it's rock solid. I'm going to trade in one of my M93A for the M93B when I get a little extra money.

I'll leave the old one until the new version comes out.

As for details of it, there's no word on it yet.

11. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks guys looks like I'll go with the Magpul

12. GunShow

GunShow You had best unfuck yourself

I have a VLTOR on my work gun. It has a solid feel and provides a better cheek weld than the stock piece. Its also somewhat cheaper than the Magpul.

13. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Yup, about twice as much cheaper (if you already have a mil-spec tube). However, the Magpul rocks in the "durability department". I'd rather beat the shit outta a guy w/ my Magpul than I would a VLTOR. I honestly think the Magpul would take down a door; I've yet to test that idea...