TAT magnetic implants

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sleeptalkin, Jul 9, 2007.

1. sleeptalkin

sleeptalkin New Member

I was wondering if anyone out there knows the current status of magnetic implants as a means of sensing electromagnetic currents. I've been seriously considering getting one for a long time, and I'm pretty sure that now they can make the silicone casings last (no breaks I've heard) and what remains is figuring out a better place in the hand to put them. Anyone up on this stuff?

2. Two toys

Two toys New Member

my buddy has been doing some extensive testing with another type of coating with excellent results so far (over a year). silicone i've scene break down in the body and turn nasty.

unfortunately im not really able to say what it is he is coating his magnets with, but if you are ever in so cal and want it done let me know...

3. spitfire

spitfire New Member

you'll be like an actual walking talking real life fridge magnet!

4. Two toys

Two toys New Member

not quite

5. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

That would be a negatory. Here is a link if you want to read up on how the first ones did fail: http://modblog.bmezine.com/2006/11/21/always-consider-the-risks/

When I first heard about them I was quite intrested but with the ones that I am linking to, I would be suprised if they lasted in my hand for a weeks, due to the work that I do.

Different location? Penor? It would be a suprise (treat?) whenever you got near any electricity. :coolugh: They would be relatively safe there too.

6. craiger

craiger New Member

ya...search bme for the articles, there was a new posted not that long ago.

they're still very much so experimental.
    i'm very intrigued by them, but not interested in heavy metal poisoning or having to remove bits and pieces of them

7. Phyrron

Phyrron Doctor Doom, a man of science does not believe in

what about a porcelain coating. or possibly even tempered glass. possibly even a metal coating.

8. craiger

craiger New Member

there's a guy i know in ireland that has teflon coated ones for about 5 years now, no problems
    the thing is, they're huge

9. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

shit you want implantable medical coatings....thats what I do for a living fool...

10. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

This would be amazing to have done.

11. sleeptalkin

sleeptalkin New Member

i know that there are ones, silicone, that are working now without breaking. the ones in that article were just dipped in silicone and therefore werent uniform. There were weak points. The ones made now are from presses. But i've just been unable to find a great place to get more info and i dont want to subscribe to bme.

12. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

there are literally thousands of other biomaterials they could be using. a lot of the stuff we make is made for dipping. it is synthesized in a solvent and can be dipped and dried as many times as you need to achieve whatever thickness you want. also unlike silicone most of our stuff is thermoplastic resin so it can be melted, injection molded etc. but silicone is a pretty good material I'd think teflon could be too hard and it's not easy to work with. however you can buy teflon coated magnets just about anywhere for Magnetic stirrers, I wonder if thats what people are using for implants.

13. sleeptalkin

sleeptalkin New Member

well, the reason silicone is the best choice for these is because of the nerves. you want to be able to feel the tiny movements of the magnet pretty well and you dont want the magneticism (not actually a word) interfered with in any way. I dont really want to put teflon in my body anyway. The presses work well because you dont want it too thick, but you dont want it to break.

14. Phyrron

Phyrron Doctor Doom, a man of science does not believe in

as far as im aware magnetic force doesnt diminish through a substance. only over a set distance.

either way a few milimeters of coating wont effect a rare earth magnet.

15. Elusid

Elusid New Member

So what exactly is the point of getting magnets implanted in your finger tips? It sounds interesting :hsugh: and dangerous :noes: but fun =D Also I don't think getting these would be the best thing for people working with computer parts would it =/

16. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

just for fun. the guy who runs bme did one in his finger and said he could feel electric currants with it. it would be a horrible idea if you worked with computers though.

17. craiger

craiger New Member

steve haworth is the one making them, and they were never dipped, they were enjection molded in a die that he custom cnc'd
    there's no press involved

18. craiger

craiger New Member

silicone has nothing to do with nerves, the reason they used silicone was so that they could be smaller and no one as of yet is using a liquid biocompatible(actually a word) material to coat the magnets(teflon isn't liquid)

they can actually use teflon coated "stirring" magnets and i know a couple of people who have them. teflon is extremely biocompatible and has been used for years as an implant material(genital beading, horns, etc.)