GUN Made it to the range today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JaimeZX, Dec 7, 2007.

1. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

Nov 7, 2005
    Went with my buddy. He brought his brand-new Glock 23. (Compact Fo-tay)

I watched him shoot two mags through it. Did an excellent impression of a shotgun. :rofl: To be fair, it's his first gun. I shot a mag through it after that. Didn't much care for it. Recoil was "snappy" as all get-out. At ~7 yards I shot maybe a 3" group. Not too awesome. :o

Also put 250 rounds or so though my new Advantage Arms .22 kit for my 1911. :coold: I dig this kit. It is going to save me a lot of money.

Partway though I went out into the range office because there's an off-duty cop who works there. Nice guy. He and his son shoot competatively. Anyway. I asked if he would watch me and critique me. He didn't really do much except remind me to concentrate on the front sight and not so much on the target. Which I already knew but must have forgotten because I proceeded to shoot a bunch of 1-or-2-hole groups after that. Average size was about 1.5". Best shooting I've ever done with my gun. Wish I had my camera to post a pic of my last target. :coold:

Oh - I never thought .45 kicked much, but after shooting a bunch of .22 it was fairly dramatic. :rofl:
  2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere Active Member

May 19, 2003
    front sight press front sight press front sight press