:mad: Never ordering from newegg.com again!!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sj23, Mar 4, 2006.

1. sj23

sj23 Active Member

The total on a $36.99 item w/ tax & shipping came out to $47.03.

I ordered a PSU that wouldn't have enough juice for my GPU, so I returned it the same day I got it w/out even opening it.

Now I'm looking at my CC statement online and got refunded a total of 34.49 ($36.99 - 15% restocking fee + $3.05(tax on $36.99).

So in total I lost $47.03 - $34.49 + $6.50(to send it back)= $19.04!!!! FOR NOTHING!!!

:madfawk:
    From now on I'm sticking to ebay or the local store. I could of easily returned it to them since they're like 20 min. from my house and they won't let you do that either. So word of advice, if you're going to order from them be very very careful that what you're getting is right for you or you'll end up paying dearly in the end.

2. Blazed Monkey

Blazed Monkey It puts the lotion on its skin....

Try doing your research before making a purchase, moron :slap:

Sounds like you owned yourself on that one, not newegg.

3. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

Every company is that way :hsugh:

4. crontab

crontab (uid = 0)

This your first time returning ANYTHING online or something?

Guess you don't read vendor's return policy do you.

5. Shaggy007

Shaggy007 New Member

So you're mad that you bought something without knowing if it would work or not, and then they wouldn't pay you back for shipping on your mistake?

Have I got that right? Or is there something more that you're being pussyhurt about?

6. 01000101

01000101 New Member

a whole $20? because you didnt pay attention?

shame newegg, for shame

7. Aimless

Aimless Resident drunkey

Good idea: buy the wrong shit on ebay next time. Definitely a better experience :rolleyes:

8. DaveyD

DaveyD Fuck Ohio State, son

If you would have done your research, you wouldn't of ran into this problem. I have never had a problem with Newegg.
    You would put your purchase from some random stranger, than a reputable company? It's your money man.

9. AriS

AriS New Member

looks like it was your fault.
    your loss if ur too stupid to take advantage of a reputable company like newegg

10. Corp

Corp OT Supporter

why should they pay for your mistake?

11. JaJae

JaJae New Member

When you buy things online there's an added shipping cost. You should know that. You always have to pay the return shipping on items that are your fault. If they shipped you the wrong part, that's one thing. But you ordered something and then changed your mind. If newegg was in the practice of paying for return shipping and not charging a restock fee we'd all have to pay more for people like and people who would then decide to order things to test them out on their system and then send them back.

Their policies make my shopping experience a better one. I've made dozens of orders off newegg and received well over 100 parts (business and personal). I have ordered something I needed to return once and although it did cost me and was kind of annoying, their RMA procedure is nothing out of the ordinary and wasn't difficult at all. I wasn't upset with newegg because I understand they're running a business and trying to stay competitive. I was mad at myself which is where your blame should be.

Newegg is by far the best online computer wholesaler I've dealt with. The top three I deal with are Newegg, Zipzoomfly and TigerDirect. I prefer to do my business in that order.

I've had to call newegg a few times and have e-mailed them as well. I've communicated with their competitors as well and found newegg to have the best customer service by far. They also have the fastest shipment.

I ordered a camera off newegg once and had it delivered to my school. My school address wasn't the same as my credit card address and at the time they wouldn't ship unless the addresses matched. I got an e-mail from them explaining this. I changed my address on my credit card online and called up newegg. A live person immediately picked up and was extremely pleasent. We talked on the phone a bit to resolve the issue. She got in touch with the warehouse for me and had someone stop what they were doing and put together my order while I was on the phone. By the time we were done my order was ready to be placed on the next truck. She even refunded my $2.99 fee to speed up the shipping. The woman was very kind and treated me better than my local computer shop (great shop!) that I frequented often.

I always pay the $2.99 fee to rush shipment. One time they didn't get it out the same day and even though they make no promises, they refunded my $2.99 charge because they got it out a day late. I didn't complain or e-mail them. They didn't have to refund this money, but it was a nice gesture to keep me happy. I ordered on a holiday weekend and knew they would be busy and didn't expect it out the same day anyway.

I also was in a bind once and needed parts quickly. They have a warehouse in my home town. I saw that it was coming from the warehouse that is 5 minutes from my home and e-mailed them to ask if I could pick up the parts. I received a quick reply from them telling me I couldn't. The tone of the e-mail was pleasent and it was hand written and not a copy/paste form mail. They took the time out to explain why they couldn't allow it and apologized over and over.

All in all, if I have to do business with any online store I want it to be newegg. Their site is laid out and databased better than any other site. Their descriptions, reviews and pictures of items is something you won't find elsewhere. They have a great selection. The best customer service I've ever dealt with for an online company and ship faster than any online store I know of. And with their prices... why shop elsewhere?
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience sj23, but the charges are for the benefit of everyone. The 15% restocking fee is not out of the ordinary. Someone has to sit there, open up your package. Check the contents of the package and then put it back on the shelf. That person is being paid and could be of better use getting things to go out. It's either raise prices for everyone or charge only the people who need to return things when they return them. I prefer the latter.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2006
  12. sam758

sam758 OT Supporter

newegg ftw

13. mace

mace i don't read

What psu and gpu did you order?

the psu most likely could of handled it. most pc's don't use over 150 watts anyway

14. sj23

sj23 Active Member

I've ordered games from gamestop.com, didn't like it, same day returned, no restocking fee, they covered shipping.

Ordered phone from cingular.com, didn't like it, sent back, no restocking fee, they covered shipping.

Ordered 2 sets of bicycle tires from supergo.com, 1st set punctured on 1st ride, no restocking fee, covered shipping.

Mom's ordered books from book clubs, no restocking fee, they covered shipping.

Seems like a trend for major companies to me.:dunno: Mind you all the items above were OPENED. I'd understand if newegg were a small company w/ a small customer base, but they're not.

On ebay I don't order from just anyone. I make sure they have reputable feedback. No BS restocking fees or tax in most cases.

Seems like everyone here is perfect and has never made an honest mistake. :dunno: I'd hate to think what I would've gotten back had I ordered a $400 monitor I didn't like. :ugh2:

15. sj23

sj23 Active Member

It was my first time dealing w/ PSU's and ordered some 400W Rosewill that had about 19 amps on the 12V rail, which I later found out wouldn't really benefit me much over the stock Dell PSU I was trying to upgrade from. So then I got a Fortron PSU, which someone here recommended, w/ 34 amps on the 12V rail.

My GPU is a BFG 6800GT OC which I've had for a few months.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2006
  16. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

ha ha
    /nelson

Idiot.

17. mace

mace i don't read

The rosewill might have worked, but in a few weeks it would probably burst in flames.

18. sj23

sj23 Active Member

That's what I figured. Now that I think about it, I should have kept it and sold it on ebay and probably would've ended up w/ more money back.

19. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

fineprint > you.

god i hate customers who expect you to bend over backwards for their fuckups. Be mature and hold yourself accountable for your actions and quit blaming others.

20. sj23

sj23 Active Member

Funny because it's the CUSTOMERS that should be satisfied, and keeps them in business. They would be justified if I actually OPENED and USED the item. Plus their policy of no exchanges also blows. They should set their pricing for losses on returns just like any company be it brick-and-mortar or online just like I mentioned 6 posts up. Go flush $20 down the toilet and see how it feels.

21. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

$20? Fuck that is chump change. Boo-hoo, I have to work an extra 30 minutes to make $20 more dollars that I lost. Sand in vag much?

22. sj23

sj23 Active Member

No, just not much in the business of throwing money away. Sorry I'm not as privileged as you to make it back in 30 min.

23. Blazed Monkey

Blazed Monkey It puts the lotion on its skin....

you didn't do your research, both on the product you were buying, and the return policy, so you have no one to blame for you situation but yourself. Your ignorance and impatience cost you $20, get over it, and shut the fuck up. Maybe next time you will actually take the time to thoroughly consider your purchase before you click submit.

:slap:

24. JaJae

JaJae New Member

We live in a capitalistic society. I prefer to get cheaper prices and save money than allow people to potentially abuse the service and raise prices for everyone. If you don't like newegg you're free to shop elsewhere. But this thread seems like you are trying to persuade others to follow your suit. The vast majority of people who order from newegg are extremely satisfied with their service. Their returns policy is explained very clearly to you before checkout. It's not like it's fine print or you have to click a link. If you weren't willing to deal with their store policies you were free to purchase elsewhere.

25. sj23

sj23 Active Member

Just never been exposed to an online company w/ such a retarded return policy. (i.e. restocking fee on a item not even opened, no exchanges accepted, not covering return shipping.)

Not really. Just a heads up.
    I'm done there. Accepted my loss and taking my business elsewhere.
    /thread