Macworld sucked :(

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Emanon, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Emanon

Emanon Active Member

Ok air, air, air......

Yeah, it is nice......it will sell......but I'm sticking with my MBP so nothing there.

Moving on. No "new" news on the iPhone and well.....pretty much what we had expected.

$20 to update the apps on the Touch?!?!? WTF?!?!?!

Next Apple TV. Yeah rentals will save it :( I want to like this product but guess I was hoping for more.

Time Capsule. WTF?!?!? So you just decided to screw the Airport Extreme people waiting for the update to use Airdisk? Please say you are not going to forget about us!

Good stuff and guess I should be happy I can leave my wallet in my back pocket this time.

PS: Make sure you take pics of all your new stuff if you get anything :squint:

2. 5SpeedSER

5SpeedSER OT Supporter

all I was hoping for was a decent iPhone update. 1.1.3 sucks but its a start. Mms is the one thing that should be added asap.

3. Suazo

Suazo New Member

so you need Apple TV to get rentals from itunes?

4. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

My iTunes just updated...claims it now can rent :dunno:

5. Emanon

Emanon Active Member

No just allowing the Apple TV to do rentals without a computer seems like the only update to it besides software. I was hoping for more.

I'm pretty sure you will be able to rent for for iPod, computer, etc. Well I sure hope.

6. Suazo

Suazo New Member

so I could just rent using my pc right? hook it up with my tv and good to go?

7. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

yep

8. lilchoi26

lilchoi26 OT Supporter

umm..cant u just use your digital/ondemand box from your cable company to rent movies now?

9. mad_vtak

mad_vtak Active Member

Wish they would have upgraded the MAC MINI

10. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

under a rock since tuesday apparently

11. BIGsteev

BIGsteev New Member

Yeah, of course you could. You could also go to Blockbuster and rent movies. Or Netflix. Or Hollywood video. Really it's just another way to rent movies. Also, you can watch/listen to music and movies on your TV with apple TV.

12. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

I gotta say, there's a lot to be said for instant gratification at $3 per movie... even with bittorrent, you're not going to be able to watch a movie you're downloading until it's completed, due to the nature of the common encoding schemes. now that all the studios are on board, movies on iTunes might actually be poised to take off :cool:

13. .:AJ:.

.:AJ:. New Member

I have to say I was dissapointed as well. Probably because when they introduced the iphone last year it was such a big deal.

I have to give them credit though: the macbook air is an amazing piece of engineering, but I dont have a use for it. Time Capsule and the new apple tv are kinda cool, but I wouldnt buy either. The remote disk install program is pretty sweet
    I was just hoping for a new product of a great update that would make me want something like the iphone all over again

14. eyustfu

eyustfu ಠ_ಠ OT Supporter

15. Wolf Demon

Wolf Demon HURF DURF OT Supporter

I was looking forward to better hardware on the Macbook Pro. I hope they will decide to do that whole multi-touch thing with those two...all I know currently is using 2 fingers to scroll around the page...

16. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Totally. I brought my Intel mini down to show my presentation at Macworld. As of Thursday morning it will power up but won't even show the flashing ? folder. It could be a hard drive problem but it won't show any kinda screen at all which could very well mean that it's totally gone. If that's the case it's time for me to buy another machine (work will pay for it). I'd like to grab another one for what it's used for but I don't wanna grab a new one right now as it's the oldest product in the Mac lineup right now (I'll likely grab an iMac instead but the mini was nice cause I could throw it in my bag and bring it to shows for slideshows and stuff when I didn't wanna leave my laptop around all day). Gonna grab a new drive tomorrow and then test when I get back later at night. If it's the drive that's cool, if not then my boss gets a 250GB drive in his Apple TV and I get a new machine. We'll see. Either way, the Mac mini needs an update.

17. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

The entire show this year was pretty disappointing. Walking around the show there wasn't really anything all that cool. I bought a clear iPhone sticker from invisible SHEILD and that was it (going to order a couple other things online too). I walked around today feeling like a really needed to buy something. There was really nothing that was cool enough that I felt like I needed it. I could have purchased anything for work (5TB RAID with a cool setup, go for it) but I couldn't find anything. I really left this year feeling let down. That's a first for this show. My boss got the OK from his wife to buy anything he wants without asking this year and couldn't find anything cool to get either (he did buy iJack for all of us along with a couple other things). Moscone West was really lame too. Fry's is gonna be better then Macworld this year sadly.

18. CaliforniaPlaya

CaliforniaPlaya New Member

Went to MacWorld for the first time this year. Yea, thats sad considering I'm only a 45 minute train ride away and grew up in SF. Definitely an interesting experience. Nothing to get extremely excited about. Scored a few things at decent discounts that I had planned to buy anyway. Keynote was a bit disappointing, but thats only because I've been wanting either a Mini update or replacement for the past year. MBA is nice and I'd definitely consider one if I was in the market for a new notebook. Time Capsule was the best thing for me and I'm definitely getting one when it comes out.

MacWorld '09 OT meet anyone??? :)

19. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

If i'm not away off to some 'stan country iKilling(thanks Accord :mamoru:) islamist fundamentalist, i'm mos def going to MacWorld 09.

20. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

If I can get a number ahead of time next year I can likely arrange free tickets for people. They give us a pile every year and we offer them to the forensic and law enforcement community first. Then in the last couple years we've given a good deal of them to friends at Apple (Apple doesn't get into the show for free and Apple doesn't even hook up many of their higher up employees up with tickets).