Macs and Treo 600s, and bears, oh my!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by falconbrad, Dec 21, 2003.

1. falconbrad

falconbrad "You're one angry white boy."

OK, so here's the deal. I'm finally (and permanently) dumping my HP laptop (which, incidentally, is the biggest piece of shit I've ever owned...and I've had a plethora of PCs over the years, as well as Macs). Because I will no longer have a PC to work with, I will also have to dump my iPaq 2215, which I truly love (it's all decked out--aluminum case, wifi card, etc.). In fact, I've always been a Pocket PC/Windows Mobile fan despite being decidedly unhappy with almost every aspect of Windows; yes, Microshaft does occasionally do something right. The other thing I'm addicted to is bluetooth. My laptop, Nokia 3650, and 2215 all have bluetooth integrated, and I use it to sync, for my wireless headset, for mobile internet access with both my laptop and my palmtop, etc.

Now, all that being said, once I get my new Powerbook, I'll have to come up with a palm to use as an organizer. I was going to go with the Tungsten T3 (and still might), but my big selling point was the bluetooth. I have been out of the Palm game for so long, I didn't know that they had such big issues with serial connections for internet access through phones and for hotsyncing with computers. So that makes me think that it's not worth it to buy a T3 (as a direct replacement for my 2215, which has worked flawlessly up til now).

What I'm thinking now is that I should just forget bluetooth, and buy a Treo 600. I was wondering if any of you guys have one, and what you think of it. I will be using it extensively as both a phone and planner and to check my email and whatnot. I will also occasionally use it as a modem for my laptop. Anyway, let me know what your experience is with your Treo 600. I'm still waiting for T-Mobile to release their version, so it appears that I have plenty of time.

Thanks in advance.

2. Rick

Rick New Member

You can use a PocketPC with a Mac no problem. You just need a piece of software called The Missing Link. I think it's $20-30 and you can sync your contacts, calendar, install software, etc. right from your Mac.