COMIC Macross/Robotech Questions

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by m0rningbreakfast, Dec 27, 2004.

1. m0rningbreakfast

m0rningbreakfast New Member

I've only read the old-school Macross Saga comics (Minmei, Lise Hayes, Rick Hunter, Roy Focker,etc.) and I just played the horribly bad Robotech: Invasion (Battle Cry was MUCH better) for the PS2 and now I have questions on how they bridge together story-wise.

How do the Invid aliens fit into the Macross/Robotech storyline?

What happened to the Zentraedi? I know not all of them wanted to co-exist with the micronians.

And while playing Invasion, they mention that the Veritech fighters were usless against the Invid, so why do they use even more useless Cyclone suits (motorcyle-battle armor)?

2. EcheloN

EcheloN OH NOES!

The American version of Robotech/Macross consisted of 3 different storylines. These three were in no way related but in order to meet US standards for a season, they had to bridge all 3 "seasons": Macross, Mospeda, Southern Cross into one huge series called Robotech.

The game Invasion was a game from the third part of the Robotech series called Mospeda. Scott is a member of the Mars division under the command of Admiral Hunter. I remember the details kind of vaguly since I haven't seen the series in quite a while. But, Scott the main character crashes onto Earth. The Invid are a different race from the Zentradi. They made it to Earth last in search of Protoculture. I can't remember what happens to the Zentradi. I completely hated the Southern Cross arc of the series so I never watched it.

3. dak212

dak212 New Member

you can order the entire macross season on dvd now the other 2 series are out too i think, it comes in 3 boxes, i have it...its my childhood haha, i was never really a fan of the robotech masters or the invid invasion series but they tied in the storyline nicely.

4. EkriirkE

EkriirkE Zika Xenu OT Supporter

Robotech brought me to anime when I was little. I love it.

5. gthesob

gthesob the fun machine took a shit and died OT Supporter

I loved it as a kid myself, but I haven't seen it since then. I wonder if I would still enjoy it.

I remember being amazed when I found out one of my mom's friends watched it. That is, until, she said it was just like her other soap operas.

6. Roi Kuro

Roi Kuro New Member

Im assuming he has answered your Macross/Robotech story-arch questions.

If you have any other questions about Macross/Robotech, Southern Cross, or Mospeada I would love to answer them.

I am the hugest Macross Otaku this side of the pacific.

7. m0rningbreakfast

m0rningbreakfast New Member

New one

I recently downloaded and watched the Macross OAV: Do You Remember Love?

Why do the Zentraedi look so different in the OAV as opposed to the cartoon/anime (OAV: green with bulging brains, anime: human-like except with weirder skintones)? Was DYRL made to tell the Macross storyline differently (Focker's death, war with Zentraedi, etc.)? When Misa/Lisa and Hikaru/Hunter get folded along with the Zentraedi, why do they land on the barren Earth? And why was the Earth barren? I mean the war didn't big war with the Zent's start yet.

8. baboymo

baboymo Have you been circumcised?

Everything appears a little differently because DYRL was actually a historical movie based on the events of Space War One. I guess you could consider it their version of Saving Private Ryan. In the Macross timeline DYRL was released sometime during February 2031, that's why most of the character and mecha designs are somewhat upgraded (this all takes place ten years before Macross Plus).

You ever wonder why DYRL's flight suit looks so similar to the one used by Isamu in Macross Plus.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Roi Kuro

Roi Kuro New Member

DYRL is a movie not an OAV btw. It was actually released n theatres I believe.