macros

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by fauxdiophile, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fauxdiophile

fauxdiophile OT Supporter

mine look like:

[​IMG]

cutting right now, trying to drop 8-10lb, or until i'm lean enough before i start a cleaner bulk. that's obviously not the whole day's worth of calories, just up til now (5pm).

5'11", i'm 180lb right now, down from ~200lb in july, lifts as of about last week

225 squat, 255 dead, 205 bench (current reps, not maxes). started P90x today so i could change up my routine, felt stagnated doing 5/3/1, and to be honest, just bored with it. i'm going to keep doing squats/deads, love those lifts.

you guys have any suggestions/critique/criticism?
    with those goals in mind, would you change anything?

2. Bacchus

Bacchus Skinny Guy

eat more, even if you're cutting. more protein, more fat.

says right in your picture nutrition goal is 1800, you're pretty short of that. eating 1800 calories and exercising, you'll lose 8lbs soon enough.

3. fauxdiophile

ah sorry, i lowered that so for the few days i ate a little less than 2k it would still say that i met the 'calorie goal'

i actually end up eating around 2200-2400 about 6 days out of the week, with one day where i eat around 2800 (refeed?) helps me keep the weight loss going, i stagnate pretty hard if i cut calories+exercise hard for over a week

4. Bacchus

Bacchus Skinny Guy

well, seems like you're doing everything right and your on track, imo
    have you stopped losing weight? if not then you really dont have an issue...

5. Bacchus

Bacchus Skinny Guy

and i see that you're saying that's today, and only till now.

woops

6. fauxdiophile

i've been stable at 180 for a week, but that was on purpose, i just felt like taking a break from the strict diet. i think it worked, the motivation/vigilance is back now.

just wanted to throw all that out there to see if there was anything anyone would recommend changing/adding/subtracting

:wavey: thanks for the input!

7. Mass

Mass Active Member

good job on the sodium

8. fauxdiophile

:rofl: only 25 but already trying to limit my sodium intake :hs:

9. biggusdickus

biggusdickus pull the string

whats's up man. i normally just lurk here, but i've got a degree in nutrition/exercise science, and feel like i should contribute every once and a while.
    with the numbers you posted on that particular day, you were only taking in about 72 carbs per day, which is definitely on the low (verging on ketogenic) side...that must suck energy wise. even not knowing your lean body mass, the caloric intake and the CHO intuitively seem low. If your goal is to continue a lean bulk, an option woud be to slow the fat loss, which based on your macronutrient numbers currently, should be fast (i.e raise carbs cals), with the idea of Lbm preservation. maybe try somehign similar to a 45/35/20 (CHO/PRO/FAT) and you might have higher energy, metabolism, and less LBM loss if protein/carbs are spaced correctly. research shows that carbs are most important in the follwing order: pre workout, first meal, post workout-- the remainder spaced throughout the day with the majority of CHO placed before any significant caloric expendature. protein is most important post workout, then spaced evenly throughout the day. generally space your fat out evenly accross your meals. hope this helps, but remember there are many ways, diet-wise, that can get you to your goals...just some stuff to research/think about.

also, this is with the natty gym rat in mind. gear makes many of these diet recommendations less significant. hope this helps/provokes consideration. props on tracking your macros bromocysteine.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  10. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

/cast death strike
    /cast rune strike

fml

11. fauxdiophile

like i said before, that was only 2/3 of the way through the day, i usually end up around 2200 calories or so, with ~100g from carbs, i try to keep it around 100, depending on how active i'm going to be that day.

still trying to cut, which is the reason i'm limiting carbs as much as i am. if i do decide to go the other way when i get down to ~170 i'll keep your advice in mind. thanks for the input

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.