Macromedia Flash Text Fading - Help me!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TheDarkHorizon, Jan 19, 2004.

1. TheDarkHorizon

TheDarkHorizon \xC0\xFF\xEE

This is VERY frustrating. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, so I must be doing something wrong. When I use alpha fading on any other symbol (such as a rectangle or an image I imported), I can always get it to work. But when I use text, it doesn't always work.

What I did was create a text box with "TEST" in it then converted it to a symbol. I changed the layer tween properties to motion. I inserted a new keyframe 15 frames later. On the first frame, I changed the symbol's color to Alpha at 0%. On the last frame, I changed the symbol's color to Alpha at 100%. The motion is a straight line (not dotted), and if I press enter to play it, it looks fine. I then press CTRL+ENTER to test the movie, and nothing happens at all! :rant2:

Am I missing something?

EDIT: Here is my FLA file -- http://jason.aiiyah.org/flash/test.fla

2. TheDarkHorizon

If I change them from Alpha to Brightness, it works fine. But I need Alpha so it remains transparent. It doesn't seem like I'm doing anything wrong if simply changing it to Brightness works... :madfawk:

3. TheDarkHorizon

Okay, I figured it out. Flash changed all the text boxes which were supposed to be Static Text to Dynamic Text. Does anyone know why Flash does this?