Macbook: Wont eject discs

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by deesee22, Sep 27, 2006.

1. deesee22

deesee22 Habs Crew OT Supporter

I just got my Macbook today and I put a disc in to test it out, when I press eject you can hear it trying to eject the disc, but it sounds like its jammed.

Is there anyway I can fix this? I waited for 20 days for this to come off backorder, I really dont want to send it back

2. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

try this:
    Shut down the computer
    start up while holding down the mouse button.
    This may take some time, but keep your finger on the mouse button right up until the disc comes out or the computer has started up.

3. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

try dragging the disc from your desktop to the trash. the trashcan will turn into an eject sign.

let go on top of the eject sign

4. famous

famous OT Supporter

Common problem with the new MB and MBP...i think everyone decided that when they slimmed the design, they got a new CD drive, which is having tolerance issues with anything thats not a perfect disc(more common with CDr's than DVDr's), but what you ahve to do is start up the machine, holding the mouse button, but you have to stick a credit card in the drive, and push down on the disc a little(so it gets outof the slot), it should eject, and if it doesnt keep on trying.

i brought it into the apple store the first time it happened, and they would have charged me 75 dollars if i didnt have apple care, and once i read up on it, and found out how to fix it, ive been doing it myself. Ive done it like three times now...

5. deesee22

deesee22 Habs Crew OT Supporter

I did the credit card thing, what a friggin pain in the ass though