Macbook sound is broken

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DC9, Apr 29, 2009.

1. DC9

DC9 New Member

A few weeks ago my sound on my Macbook stopped working. Whenever I pressed the volume button I get this error:
    [​IMG]

Also there is a red light in the headphone jack. I checked my sound settings and it has my internal speakers set as the default speakers so it's not like it thinkts something is plugged in. If I plug in speakers or headphones the sound will work through them. Anyone know whats wrong?

2. MichelleAnna

MichelleAnna let it be

3. DC9

DC9 New Member

Same issue but nothing fixes it. I found a ton of fixes on Google but none of them worked. Also in the past few months my computer's fans have been running on full speed after using my computer for like 20 minutes. I'll just be surfing the web and it will go on full blast and my CPU A temp will hit at least 170

4. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

same thing happened to a friend of mine. ended up replacing a bunch of stuff, but never got the sound to work again. the gave him a new one (upgraded) under warrantee.

5. DC9

DC9 New Member

Yeah. This doesn't look like something they will fix at the Apple Store. Should I Just mail it to Apple with their prepaid box? I have applecare.

6. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

he took it to the apple store because they said it would be faster than sending it to apple, they had it for about 8 days trying to figure out what was wrong. it would have been faster for him to send it in directly because it was going to apple in laguna (elk grove, ca) which is close to sf. on the east coast, it's probably a wash.