MacBook Pro battery dead

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hurleyint1386, Mar 24, 2008.

1. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

So I just turned on my laptop and realized the battery charging time said "10:00" to charge and after about an hour, it didn't change, so I tried unplugging the laptop, then it shut off. I tried removing the battery and putting it back in, but no dice. The computer seems to be running rather warm now, too. I'll probably take it to the Apple Store tomorrow, but because I dropped it a few weeks ago and there's some damage on it, I'm afraid they are going to say that that was what cause it, although it's all been working fine until now. I hope I didn't spend $250 on Apple Care for nothing. :hs:

2. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

Hmmmmm... now it's charging. That's weird. Although it is running hot still. It's at 88° @ 3500rpm fan right now

3. Euclid

Euclid New Member

Check it against the recalls on the website, they have recalled several of MBP batteries IIRC.

Mine went to shit after 16 months and I had to buy a replacement battery for $110 + tax. They said it was a "consumable" and wouldn't replace it after 1 year regardless of my applecare.