MAC written software on PC

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by notaniceperson, Nov 21, 2007.

1. notaniceperson

notaniceperson -I'm an ASSHOLE!

OK. I have a software that is designed to create photo albums. It creates the templates, and is a drag and drop interface which uses photoshop as its back end.

I believe it was written on a MAC and ported to PC somehow.

It does not include a removal tool. As in, I do not see it in add/remove programs, it does nto show up in the start menu and I cannot find any uninstall package for it. Tech support tells me to delete the root folder for the software, remove the actions from the photoshop actions folder and then reboot to clear virtual memory. Then reinstall and all should be well.

I did so and reinstalled and some how the software still has all of the settings I selected during the first install, it retains my serial number and so on. How is this? I have searched the registry and only found a string for the .exe and for the help file for the software. Nothing else.

I am running windows Vista. OOPS! But it worked fine before. This is a new release of the software that is causing problems.

Help/ideas are very appreciated. My tech support is 12 hours behind me so I have a long ass wait.