Mac The Ripper Help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Kid A, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Kid A

Kid A '06 UK Crew

Ok, I'm fine with the whole ripping thing but how can I just all the main feature parts together and turn this into and AVI or something? :o I've just hunting on Google to no avail. I just want the main features so I can put them in my Movies folder and watch them in Front Row. :hs: I'm guessing I need a different program really.

While I'm here can the Superdrive in the Intel iMacs do dual layer discs or is single layer only?

Thanking you. :bigthumb:

2. McFly

McFly New Member

You can run any Video_TS folders with Front Row with this little program this guy created:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/resohjb1/Projects.html

It works perfectly. No need to convert the movie files to other formats. Just follow the directions in his notes with the program.

Current superdrive info:
    8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD+R DL, DVD±RW, CD-RW)

3. MUDFISH

MUDFISH New Member

Thanks... I had the same question, just never got around to asking it...

4. Kid A

Kid A '06 UK Crew

Cheers Dude. I just no idea how to use it :wtc: I've been tooling around with this for an hour now and I just can't figure out 1) Where the F i put these 'alias' files 2) What the hell is an alias (is it just a shortcut to like in Windows 3) Where do I launch the thing from...

I'll never sleep now! It's driving me crazy :o

5. McFly

McFly New Member

Well I don't have the instructions but I can go from what I remember...

-The DVD assist program needs to be running for this all to work. Just throw it in the Applications folder and put an icon in the dock if you want.
    -The movie file (mpeg file included in the guys program) needs to be copied into each and every Video_TS folder. You can name the mpeg file whatever you like, title of movie etc.
    -The folder for each movie (containing the Video_TS, and sometimes and Audio_TS, folder must be put in your "Movies" folder on the hard drive. You can create an alias to another folder/folders stored in any other location but you must also put it in the "Movies" folder on the hard drive. It works from external hard drives as well.

An alias is like a shortcut, yes.

Just run Front Row and select movies. You will drill down through the menu items until you get to your particular movie.

If you really want to read up on the fine details there is a thread here:
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=714917&page=1&pp=30

Hope this helps!

6. Kid A

Kid A '06 UK Crew

Not really. I don't understand how it works. :dunno: I've read the thread and I still don't get it. It's driving me nuts.

7. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

if you're looking to rip a DVD into a format that you can use to watch it on your computer, use handbrake. the format i'd use is .mp4