Mac Server Admins: What do you love about your server?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by neonwheels, Mar 9, 2007.

1. neonwheels

neonwheels New Member

We recently acquired a Mac server and the higher ups are all ready to yank it already. They figured since we haven't jumped right to it, we must not need it. They don't see that they over worked us and didn't give us proper time to test.

So... I'm coming up with documentation on why we should keep it, and was hoping for some help with those that use it on a regular basis.

Background: We already use ADS, wanted the Server 10.4 to admin the desktops the same as we do the PC's.

Anyone who could help, or even send me somewhere to get help, would be greatly appreciated! :bowdown:

2. Laserbeak

Laserbeak Remember kids! Be like Billy! BEHAVE YOURSELVES!

NetBoot and NetRestore. 'Nuff said.

Not many things beat being able to do netboots into a fully-functional GUI, do backups and restores of your client desktops, with 0 initial cost outside of what you already paid for the server and the OS.

Oh yeah, and Apple Remote Desktop owns pretty much any remote administration tool for anything for a price tag of $299.00.

I have an XServe at work that I use for a fair number of purposes, let me know if you have anything specific to ask. :>

3. neonwheels

neonwheels New Member

Already have Apple Remote Desktop... Love it!