Mac Mini Gaming?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by verbal, Oct 27, 2008.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

Some guy on Craig's List just offered me an Mac Mini Intel Core Duo and 20" Cinema display in trade for my 15" PowerBook G4. I'm tempted.

Can the Intel video on the Mac Mini handle any games in Windows?

2. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

3. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Nope. Mine runs Windows but not very well. The integrated video card with shared memory and max of 2GB of RAM kills any chances of running games. I'd still take the trade as the Mini will run everything else much faster and does have the option of running Windows at least.

4. verbal

verbal Active Member

The ultimate goal is to use the money from the PB for a new MBP. If it was just for the mini I wouldn't be considering it, but the cinema display got me drooling.

I'd use a laptop more than a desktop anyway. It would be nice to have a mini though, but I dunno if it's worth the trade right now.

5. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Then it's hard to say. I'm not sure what Mac minis and Apple displays go for used. They aren't the most in-demand items like the laptops are. You may be able to get more for the laptop on eBay then you would the mini and the display.

6. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

It is hard to sell a mini for a good price. I sold me 1.83GHz C2D one for $430CAD shipped in January :o Over $200 less than purchase price and it was only 3 months old. I just couldn't sell it for more :hs: