MMA Mac Danzig makes a comparison between scarola and ruediger

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by chechen, Oct 7, 2007.

1. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

Never once did Joey act like a pompous egomaniac who was trying to put himself in the spotlight at all costs.
    He never showed up 23 pounds over-weight like some fat, gluttonous waste of space.
    He didn't show up to the house trying to kick an addiction to prescription pills.
    He never cried like an infant because of having to cut weight.
    He never talked bad about his teammates or started a fake rivalry with someone on his team to get more TV time.
    He never shoved tubes up his rectum like to get television time.
    As much as people call him a "cry-baby", he never actually cried, nor did he have 4 consecutive emotional break-downs in on camera with his hat cocked to the side like some14-year old mall-patron.
    He never laid naked at the edge of a pool, blubbering like a spoiled overweight child, pretending to be half passed-out.
    (I have seen this before in public. (usually in toy stores) A young spoiled toddler will actually play the "I'm passed out" game to get attention when things don't go his/her way.)

He never compromised his integrity simply to be seen more on television.
    And so far, he hasn't flat-out lied to the public about being invited to try out for the next season, saying he "declined because the competition wasn't up to par" simply to hide personal jealousies.

And Joe Scarola is actually a good fighter and certainly isn't someone who would get choked unconscious in practice by the owner of a Cajun restaurant.

So Joey, (as much of a disappointment as he is to so many viewers) should not be lumped into the category of those past cast members who never even got in the Octagon. He went out there, made weight, put it on the line, lost it, and couldn't take it. It's as simple as that.

full blog post here:

http://macdanzig.blogspot.com/

2. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

3. the internet knows no mercy

4. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

How so ?

If a good friend and Dana White ask you to think about what your doing would you bail ??? I can understand him being bummed and wanting out. I give him props for fighting (win or lose)...... But that show is a golden fucking ticket for alot of fighters. Its only 6 weeks for christs sake !!! It just befuddles me how you would walk away and look like a clown :greddy:

5. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

wow T. such a strong statement from you.

not big fan of gabe are ya?

6. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

not from me. im just quoting mac cus i thought it was interesting. i dont care one way or another. i wasnt the one on the show :o

7. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

pretty much true, except the points of

a. the guy was so insecure about his perfect wife/gf that he thought she was being unfaithful every 2 mins
    b. whined about getting phone calls
    c. ignored the fact that fighters get injured and he might be called to step in and fight again and be back in the race (unless some rules were changed i didn't know of)

8. Toodles

Toodles You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the w OT Supporter

well mac was biased from the start as he did openly admit on the show that joey was one of a few guys he got along with in the house.

either way joey is a pussy in my eyes because of he basically ditched his best friend and his job just because he couldn't deal with his first loss. lying to serra and dana that he would reconsider staying when he had pretty much made his mind up about leaving. plus all that persistent whining about his gf just made the show like a :greddy: goddamn soap opera

9. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

thats more like you.

i thought mac compared gabe to joe, and then you were making a counter argument :o

10. negative zero

negative zero New Member

Hopefully he'll never be allowed to fight in the ufc or any other organization and when his gf sees the show sh'll know what a pussy he is and dump him.

11. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

I think its hard to compare a guy with 4 fights to a guy with 13 fights. Gabe knew exactly what he was doing and he let that fuck with his fight career.

Scarola didn't really look like he belonged there, and as a result he ended up not wanting to be there.

He won't fight except for on small regional cards, no UFC/WEC ever. His career is over regardless.

12. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

I don't think the two were the same, but Scarola did go out like a chump. He had Serra and White rooting for him and still couldn't pull it together for 6 weeks.

I don't know how you can have so much support and still be unable to hold things down for 6 weeks to not lose your job and your best friend. :hs:

With that said, I remember going to week long wrestling camps, and the physical exhaustion really does start to play into how you act/feel/think. Everybody ends up on edge, emotional, and ends up more upset over little things. I think Scarola was a much better fighter than he showed, and was so nervous that he let himself lose to not be under that pressure any longer.

13. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

scarola already opened up a new school and is moving on.

14. Ricey McRicerton

I'm sure a lot of people will want to train under him after watching his performance on TUF. Wether anybody likes it or not, reputation goes a long way when you're a teacher.

15. acidix

acidix Ua mau, ke ea o ka `aina, i ka pono

I donno, good for him, but given that he taught at Serra's school, even if it was a bit further away, I'd rather train with Serra.

16. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

i didn't hear/see the stuff about his gf....sorta reminds me of Noah Inhoffer

17. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

joe is still with his gf and i think noah is engaged now.

18. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

Both are idiots for throwing potential careers away over perceived infidelity and stupid insecurities.

19. Kuet

Kuet New Member

i had no idea danzic was in the new season of tuf. I havent seen any episodes, and i dont think he should be there, i think he should win the show, hes pretty darn good fighter.
    Is he still on the show or did he loose already ?

20. EG6

EG6 OT Supporter

I hope Danzig wins...I've heard of him before but I didn't know he was that cool of a guy

21. Ricey McRicerton

They are only 3 fights in. He eliminated Scarola first fight.