mac book wont turn on...?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by zmiller91, Nov 1, 2008.

1. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

My computer was in sleep mode, with the lid down. I opened the lid and got it out of sleep. There was a white screen with a transparent file folder with a black question mark in the middle of it. I shut it down, and turned it back on. It made the start up noise, but all that happened was a white screen. I did this a few more times, and the same thing happened. It was fully charged and everything. Also, the computer is the last 13in model with normal osx (not leopard).

My computer is turned off now, and i dont know what to do. I dont even know what that folder means.

Any help is appreciated.

2. hoppy1028

hoppy1028 New Member

3. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

You mean you don't have OSX Ultimate? why did you get the Normal one for?

As for the folder with the question mark, most likely your drive went bad. Like in that link to that other thread, try to do a archive & install, see if that fixes it. If not, time to upgrade to a new HDD.

4. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

I tired the install disk, still nothing, just a white screen. I got the extended warranty, so hopefully if i take it in, they will fix it.

5. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Then your drive took a crap. Apple Genius will replace it since you have Apple Care at no charge. If you were out of warranty, now would have been a good time to upgrade to a bigger/faster drive. It's rather simple to do on a MacBook.