GUN M4a1

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Pospodo, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Pospodo

Pospodo came for the pron but stayed for teh lulz

Quite possibly the most versatile rifle, ever.

2. JazzHound

JazzHound Guest

How is it versatile?

I usually pick this playing SoF 2 cuz I usually get kills with my nade launcher :big grin:

Good gun, but is it true that an AK 47 (74) is more accurate than this gun? Maybe I should stop playing video game and pick up a real gun, whatcha fink?

3. nordaim

nordaim Guest

The AK sucks for accuracy beyond ~150-200yds with a lethal range of only ~300. 7.62x39R is an intermediate round and made for short range modern warfare.

Where it shines is in it's reliability. You can drag one through the mud, snow, wherever you need to go, and when you shoulder it, you will still hear the resounding crack of a round being fired.

4. McLeod

McLeod Guest

I remember somebody on TV mentioning how he left his AK in a locker for 3 months after a long day of shooting. When he opened the locker the bolt was rusted shut. He kicked it open with his boot, then fired it no prob.
    :bigthumb:

5. nordaim

nordaim Guest

I like those old 7.62x39R rifles though because ammo is cheap cheap cheap... Plus the variety available to the civilian market is great.

6. Bdog

Bdog ...but do I really care?

I have a Bushmaster shorty flattop A3. I have an A.R.M.S mount with a propoint laser site on top and an M6 tatical light/laser on the hand guard. So it's basically a semi version of an M4. Going to send it off to Wilson Combat and have a birdcage flash hider permanently put on the barrel, mine is a post-ban heavy barrel.

7. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

You have two lasers? Or a ProPoint red dot sight? ;)

8. Bdog

Bdog ...but do I really care?

Propoint red dot site on top and laser on bottom.

9. SaltyDog311

SaltyDog311 Guest

Im part of a new SWAT program wiht the USCG and i have plenty of experience wiht that rifle..i love it...the people up in quantico who made are gods

10. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Guest

I shoot service rifle out to 300 regularly with A2 sights (A2>A1)

:werd: I hate M4 sights to though ( short radius ) I'm gonna build a dissipator for just that reason :bigthumb:

I've shot both extensivly and don't mind either one really. 7.62x39 doesn't seem to beat me up as much as .308 IMHO. I kinda like the extra power of 7.62/.308 though. I think one of my next toys is gonna be a FAL, HK or HK clone.

11. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Guest

I have no real problem with the sights themselves and like the A2 set up. I don't like the shorty's sight radious. It's too short IMHO. I want to build a Dissipator for just this reason, and cause I need the longer fore grips.

12. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Nothing really any other preban gun couldn't do with a little cash spent on it. They're nice battle weapons cos of the RIS rails (available from KAC for about $300), lots of optics options from Trijicon and Aimpoint, GenIII or better NOD scopes, Gemtech suppressors can thread right onto the birdcage, barrel is cut for the M203 or the KAC Masterkey and they're a rather handy ~35" OAL with the stock extended.

It's basically just a plain old AR15 carbine with all the go fast goodies, nothing is different internally. Actually, Bushmaster even makes many of the military M4's, since Colt can't fill the whole contract.