M3 paint is T-R-A-S-H-E-D

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by El Slotho, Mar 5, 2004.

1. El Slotho

El Slotho Every hour wounds. The last one kills.

I have been refraining from posting this, but last Fall I walked out to my car to find dried, red-berry birdshit all over the top, flat surfaces. The hood, roof, trunk, and even some of the splayed flat parts of the doors were covered in bombs. The worst past was that it was during one of the freakishly warm days, and the shit had dried in the sun for hours as I sat inside the office, unaware of the tragedy that was occuring outside.

Quite simply, the shit etched the clear. Huge style. Nothing I can do, no product I use, no trick, no polisher, nothing will get out the seemingly indelible marks that have covered my car since October. Since the winter moved in, I have pretended not to notice it, but now that the weather has been somewhat nice I am reminded daily that all of my hard work over the past 4 years has been in fucking vain.

My last resort is to give the car over to a professional detailer, and spend the cash to have it wet sanded. I cannot think of anything else to do. I guess I am posting here looking for advice, because I honestly don't think there is anything that can be done to save the car except a full repaint :wtc:

No pics. Too heart-breaking. I have hit the paint with everything I have, and while from a few steps back it looks great, it isn't just me that sees the trouble spots once close. :(

2. Unknown User

Unknown User New Member

Try to get pix and I'm sure you'll be helped a lot more.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

What have you already tried to remedy this situation?

4. El Slotho

I attacked the blemishes with every over-the-counter consumer grade cut cleaner available, along with one very abrasive, gritty green compound that was recommended to me by a detailer friend, and none of it had any impact. It did succeed in removing just about every other scratch and scuff from the compromised surfaces, but the bird dook remained absolutely undiminished for the effort.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Repaint. Nothing else will work 100%. Berry filled bird shit is very acidic and eats right through the paint, all the way to the primer. If you look closely, you can see the cracks in the paint where it is etched by the shit.

Rule number one with cars-never park under trees or power lines. Ever. No matter what. Just not worth the risk.

6. El Slotho

Unfortunately this is as suspected. Thank you Scott. :(