GUN M203 Launchers v.Anyone Have One?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by PUREVIL, Oct 16, 2006.

1. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

I dont know why but I really want one for my AR. Im sure its a complete waste of money, but I want a 37mm "flair" launcher not a 40mm Grenade launcher. But all the "37" with a quick deattach rail system sits like 3 inches from the barrel and looks gay. The only nice looking one I found is by LMT but its a 40 and $1800. Does anyone have a M203 style launcher on their AR? To me its like putting a big spoiler on a Honda civic, but for some reason I want the fucking spoiler! :rofl: I probably wont get one but just thought I'd ask.

Example of a good one...
    [​IMG]

Example of a bad one...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  2. Pump Scout

Pump Scout New Member

I always found the 203 to be a pain in the ass. Threw off the weight on the front, screwed up my aim, and wasn't nearly as useful as that type of weapon should be.

Just one vet's opinion. YMMV.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They look cool and all but I just dont want to be that guy at the range. Not sure about the mounting on a rifle with shorter handguards, I do know if you have a 20" upper with standard length handguards you can just get the handguards it mounts upto.
    [​IMG]

4. 993kgt

993kgt building an airplane whee

i've got one, I built the mount myself, worked out pretty well, but as pump scout stated, its sorta gimmicky.

until you goto the range!

It's fun to toss on the gun and play with, but in terms of permanent attachments, it is definitely something that stays in the safe and not on the gun.

I took it off my quad rail unit, and plan to install it on my spare gun (every spare AR part I have goes in a box, at some point, I will just have to get a receiver and have a full gun)

5. PUREVIL

ya like i said its a poser mod no doubt but one i've always wanted. HAHA Im just doing some research into em now. Aside from a vertical foregrip I dont know what else to put on my AR LOL

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Why not use the money toward an ACOG or some sort of optic that will be used more then the launcher.

7. PUREVIL

Check the Acog thread my friend. im thinking about buying a Surefire M900 verticle foregrip with light next.... thoughts?

In case you dont see the other thread, picked them both up the other day......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ah :o Well if you shoot on private land I would be more inclined to go with the launcher can have more fun on your land and play around with the reloading kits. Personally I'm not really a fan of foregrips I'de just mount a regular light. How about new stock? :love: my magpul 93b. If you dont already havem would definently get some flip up BUIS.

9. PUREVIL

Im new to this AR scene so what you just said BUIS/magpul 93b is french to me LOL I do shoot mostly on private land when Im in the states (ND) but when Im in vancouver I shoot at ranges mostly.

The reason Im looking at the vert foregrip is because I found, for me its more comfortable/easier to shoot while I hold the front of the lower receiver sorta like a vert foregrip.

I kinda like the stock, its the cheap adjustable one, but it works fine for me. :dunno:

The other thing I was looking at was a Surefire sound suppressor. If Im ricein out my AR tell me HA!

10. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BUIS=Back Up Iron Sights
    [​IMG]

Magpul 93b stock I prefer it to CAR/M4 styles alot more well built.
    [​IMG]

11. PUREVIL

oh I thought about getting some iron sights already..... any particular brand you'd recommend a noob?

That stock is badass how much is that?

Oh noes I hate spending money.

12. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

With shipping your looking at about $200 for the magpul, maybe a bit less looks like prices may of went down a little since I picked mine up.

For the BUIS prices on them can range greatly all depends what you want to spend I like the ARMS as posted above heres a link to arfcom thread showing various manafactuers BUIS's and links to them. http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=508351