GUN M1a/M14 questions

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bigman7903, Jul 7, 2007.

1. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

Alright, i have some things bouncing around my head about the m14, i want to pick one up next summer before the presidency changes. :wtc:

I know of LRB arms and Fulton Armory, which one is the better choice for accuracy as well as reliability, i kind of want the all around package even though i never expect to have to use it in a rough manner, i would like to know it will take what i throw at it (i know enough to stay away from Springfield).

Secondly, is there a large difference between a "regular" Fulton to the Peerless Match grade rifle, and is it worth the difference.

Would it be worth entertaining the idea of a Polytech and upgrading it w/ better parts for a better value, and will this be as good as the straight up Fulton/LRB?

and as a more off topic question, should i be worried about picking up a garand, i don't think it would be included in a ban, but how likely would it be included?

Thanks in advance, i'm sure i'll think of more questions as this thread progresses.

2. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

eh, i wouldn't get a polytech. just go all out and get a nicer one. if you can't afford it yet save up.

3. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

yeah, 2.5k for a rifle is gonna take me a lil

4. reman

reman New Member

5. theronald

theronald New Member

find an older springfield with GI parts.their the best,

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I love my Fulton, as far as building I dont think your going to save much its not like there are plentiful cheap m14 kits, upgrading a polytech would probably be the best way to go if you wanna do it slowly and not blow alot of money off the bat, I would of gone the Poly route if I didnt get offered the FA in a trade.

7. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

well, the problem is that i pretty much got my income cut into 1/2, because i had knee surgery i lost my landscaping job (12.50 hourly under the table to 7.50 over the table). so going over time is pretty shot since i'm making so little. the only way i'll be able to do anything is if my knee heals and i can do the landscaping thing next yr. I want to get the m14 and a KISS AR set up, plus a Garand.

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nothing wrong with the polytech and you can findem for $700-750 usually, depending on what range your shooting it at all you might want to do is get some USGI internals and a nicer stock. They're pretty decent rifles, the internals aren't upto usgi par but the reciever itself is better then what Springfield is currently putting out.