GUN M1 Carbines from CMP

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by t1h, Feb 19, 2007.

1. t1h

t1h Guest

So at the end of April, CMP will start selling Carbines that they recently got as returns (from italy i think).

Anyway, reading the CMP forum, and other forums, a lot of people want these. And I'm not trolling, but I don't understand why someone would want one? I mean, they didn't get the fame the M1 Garand has, and they shoot a much smaller round.

The only reason I can think of getting one, is for my gf. Because she likes my garand, but she complains about the weight of it. And the Carbine is lighter. other then that, I don't see whats so great about them.

2. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Good M1 Carbines arent really cheap for what they are. Now that CMP will be releasing some, people can buy them at a lower cost.

They're fun to plink with etc.

3. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

my dad always wanted one because thats what he was issued in the vietnam war. i may have to get him one. what is cmp and is their a link to the website and the forums?

4. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

CMP is a govt program that sells military surplus rifles, to an extent, to marksmanship programs and to civilians for use in shooting competitions and firearms enjoymt etc. Because they work with the govt abt arent looking for market price profits like most schmos. The guns are sold at really affordable prices etc.

There are a few requirement to purchase these guns, but nothing to difficult and is worth it.

www.odcmp.com

5. striker754

striker754 Chillin

I dont really understand why someone would want a .50 bmg. I dont really understand why someone would want an ar15. blah blah blah.

carbines are cool as shit

6. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

thanks :bigthumb: ill look into the requirements and keep my eye open on the site

7. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

I still wish I could get a Garand that isnt price gouged :hs:

8. itchiban

itchiban New Member

yeah I slept on that shit for soooo long. I should have gotten in on it. :sad2: