M-Audio Firewire Solo help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MsTyle, Oct 14, 2007.

1. MsTyle

MsTyle New Member

I just bought this interface but i cant seem to connect it to my iMac. I installed the program turned it off, connected the firewire to my comp, then turned the comp back on, but it still doesnt work...Anyone have any ideas?

2. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

honestly m-audio is terrible quality. You would be better off with a prenus firebox, or some other interface. I've heard plenty of noise and QC issues with m-audio.

3. MsTyle

MsTyle New Member

Its weird cause its getting power through my computer but it still doesnt seem to find it for some odd fucking reason...Fuck it i think im going to spend like $400 more and get an MBox.

4. dfunk

dfunk New Member

M-Audio is terrible quality? Obviously you do not know what you're talking about. M-Audio makes very good products for very affordable prices. Sure, you can get high-end stuff that's better, but I've been using M-Audio products and I can't say one bad thing about them.

To the original poster, you should have gotten M-Audio Mobilepre USB to use with your Mac. I have been using one for over a year and it works great. Its about $140 and USB 2.0 is pretty much all you need. There's a firewire version of Mobilepre also I believe and there is also M-Audio Firewire 410 interface that's about $200.

5. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

:bowrofl: Keep talking bullshit you know nothing about. m-audio makes garbage. Their mic pres are noisey, converters are slow, and overall built quality is terrible. For the same amount of money, or slightly more you can get a much higher quality unit. Maybe if you used something other than m-audio products you would understand what I'm talking about.

6. MsTyle

MsTyle New Member

Trust me I know this. Im just setting up my keyboard at home to my comp..i dont need anything special..I do on the other hand have a studio with pretty much everything top of the line.

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Presonus is very nice. But don't dog on m-audio. It beats the fucking piss out of any soundblaster, and is at least half the cost of anything presonus.

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I have a M-Audio FW410 that I use to drive some studio monitors so I can watch movies/listen to music while working... I love it.

Worked without a problem, however, once I installed the driver and plugged it in. You did something wrong, or you have a defective unit.

9. MsTyle

MsTyle New Member

No, my unit works..The problam was my new iMac. The m-audio software wasnt updated, but i took it back to guitar center and they did it for me.