GUN M-16 question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by LaJoo, Jan 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaJoo

LaJoo Guest

this guy wants to sell me a bushmaster m-16 brand new for 1200 dollars. i dunno anything about guns, but I like them a lot. is this a good buy? I've been looking online about them, but they're ar-15 into m-16 so i'm confused on all this.

2. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

probably not since most bushmasters are below $1200 except for the varmint models and the modular carbine. Then again I could be missing something here :o

3. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

AR-15 = semi auto version of M16

4. LaJoo

LaJoo Guest

oops i went and took a look at it and it turns out to be a colt m-16 semi auto

5. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Still not a good deal, you could get a new DPMS AR-15 for less than $800, and it would be just as good as the Colt.

6. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

$1200 isn't bad if it's pre-1994 made, aka "preban".

If it's a new rifle, $1200 is a rip off. And there is no M16 semiauto, the semiauto version of the M16 is called an AR-15.

Bushmaster, Colt, Armalite, Rock River, Knight's, or Eagle Arms are all decent military-spec AR-15's.

7. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

it could be an M16 demil'd and semi'd. lots of p'lice depts. use them. but new, i doubt it. if it were new, $1200 would be rape. even preban isn't really a smart move to me, unless you're so impatient that you NEED a preban instead of a postban, and can't wait another 8 months for those preban features. and prebans are already dropping in price. $1000 is a good price now.

8. LaJoo

LaJoo Guest

he said i can add something to it on the side to make it full auto. it didn't look like it was fresh out of the box it looked like it had been around for a little, but i don't know it's history and neither does this guy. he said he got it for free and he's trying to sell it. how could i tell if this one is actually worth 1200.

9. RocCrwlr74

RocCrwlr74 Member

In my opinion, pass on this gun. It's sounds like you don't know a lot about guns, please don't take offense, and a purchase like this sound like a one way ticket to the Pen. This guy, in saying that you could add something to make it full auto, doesn't sound like the most honest of characters and if you cannot trace the history and examine the serial numbers to know exactly what you are getting then at the very least you could be getting ripped off, at the worst go to jail. You say that you are willing to spend 1200 then I would go down to a local gun shop and by an AR-15. You could pick one up for less than 900 and still have enough money to by ammo and extra mags.

10. LaJoo

LaJoo Guest

I can get a AR-15 in california?

11. RocCrwlr74

RocCrwlr74 Member

Your in california.....Well then, no you can't get an AR nor the M-16. Your screwed no matter how you look at it. If you do buy it, you will be breaking the law. You should check out the springfield M1A. It's basically a semi auto M-14 but it passes all california regulations.

12. LaJoo

LaJoo Guest

yea I know the M-16 is illegal. I've been looking online and it looks like it's a M-16 A2 if that means n e thing. whats the most i should pay for this?

13. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

none. because owning, or otherwise possessing, one in california is illegal.

14. LaJoo

LaJoo Guest

lets just pretend it isn't illegal. how much would you be willing to pay for one of those?

15. RocCrwlr74

RocCrwlr74 Member

Without knowing the details of the gun nobody can really tell you. Post a link and we could probably give an idea. But like I said, you can't buy one in CA. No FFL will do the transfer and if you buy it illegally both you and the seller could go to jail.

16. LaJoo

LaJoo Guest

17. RocCrwlr74

RocCrwlr74 Member

Is this guy a local guy who is selling it? Is it a private party or a FFL??

18. LaJoo

LaJoo Guest

a friend of a friend. he said he got it for free.

19. NISMOTom

NISMOTom JAFO

Yo LaJoo... I don't think you are taking the hints here....

NO AR or M16 variants are legal in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. If you buy it you will go to jail. I don't know what you expect us to suggest to you... but anyone with a brain is going to tell you to pass on this.

You obviously don't know much about firearms, and I'm not slighting you for this. But being in your position of limited knowledge as far as applicable laws and the weapons system itself you are putting yourself in a very compromising position. Anyone who even suggests that you put any more effort into completing this transaction is probably doing so with the interest of putting you in a Federal Pound you in the ass prison. Hell, in the PRK I wouldn't be surprised if it is some sort of ATF or Law Enforcement officer trying to bait you into buying it.

If you want a rifle, and live in PRK, do your research. Go to a legitimate firearms shop and ask them questions, or better yet, look on the BATF's website. That should give you a pretty good idea of what is legal/illegal.

OTHER OT'ers. I would highly suggest not giving this guy advice on whether or not to buy this weapon because I don't want anyone to be put into any weird liability situations.

20. LaJoo

LaJoo Guest

I want a M-16 legal or not. What would be a good price for this gun?

21. RocCrwlr74

RocCrwlr74 Member

You know what....It's pieces of shit like you who are the reason that we have a negetive image as gun owners and the reason that we have bullshit gun control laws. Do us all a favor and just hang yourself, your worth more to us(legal gun owners who don't like breaking the law) dead than your worth alive.

22. LaJoo

LaJoo Guest

gettin all crazy over a gun. im not even gonna use it. it's just for my gun collection. those laws are there for other people. not people like me.

23. RocCrwlr74

RocCrwlr74 Member

Yea I'm getting all crazy. Your breaking the law, and a gun law at that. The more people that break gun laws, the more support for gun laws there will be. You are basically effecting my rights to keep and bear arms. It's doesn't matter whether it's for your collection or your gonna kill somebody with it your still breaking the law. I don't care who you think that those laws are for, they are there and should be followed.

24. LaJoo

LaJoo Guest

Its gonna go into somebodys hands, why not mine. A person who's not thinking about using it on anyone. What if i don't get this, and it ends up in a killers hands. I would rather have it in my hands then anyone elses.

25. RocCrwlr74

RocCrwlr74 Member

LOL....have fun man. I hope that your never gonna take it out and go shooting at a range or anything. Get pulled over with it and your going to jail. Oh, and you say that your friends friend got it for free? Well, that means it's probably stolen. Guess what, now you get to go to jail for that also. What happens if somebody breaks into your house and you end up in a justified shooting....oh yea, your going to jail. Notice any recurring themes here? Have a good time man, and don't drop the soap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.