MMA lyoto machida wants to knock out tito

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, May 20, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

“I want to win at stand up and I hope to, obviously, knock him out, or even submit him”

On May 24th, the Braziliam Lyoto Machida will face his bigest challenge at his MMA career, having in the other side of the octogon the North-American Tito Ortiz. In final training season at his father academy at Belém, Pará State, the karate fighter wants to knock Tito out and keep undefeted at the UFC. At an exclusive interview to TATAME, Lyoto talk about the trains, analised the others Brazilians UFC 84 fights and the expectation for his fight against Lyoto. Check out below the copmplete interview:

How are your trainings to face Tito?
    We are in the final phase. I had a two months preparations for this fight, and my brother and my father are here with me, we are at the end of the tactical, technical part, and we have already done a lot of resistance training. We are doing the final adjustments.

What will be your strategy for this fight?
    I want to win at stand up and I hope to, obviously, knock him out, or even submit him. I came from carate, but I am at the MMA and I am prepared for any situation.

Where are you training?

I am training here at my father’s academy at Belém, and I made some trainings at AKA at USA, where I trained with Josh Koshchek, two months ago.

What are you expectations for this fight?
    I'm anxious. It is normal, that is normal, but I am calm, confident, and I hope to make a great fight and to give a good show on 24th. It is very important, but basically I have not thought much about having to win, I want to do my work.

Tito said you don’t hit hard enough, that your Jiu-Jitsu is just “OK” and that his stand up is better than yours and that he is going to hurt you a lot...What do you think about that?
    I think he can talk what he want, but nothing shakes me. Like other people talk much before the fight, I think this It will be only decided on May 24th. Before that, he can talk what he want. ‘He will do this, he will do that, I am the best', but I am confident in my game, in my training and I believe a lot in myself.

What your expectations at others Brazilians UFC 84 fights?
    I think the Brazilians are very well quoted in the UFC. At this fight, Wanderlei can win. He is an example for any athlete, he is disciplined, fought at smalls and larges events in the world, is a guy who was a champion, lost his title, is seeking again another belt and has great chances in this fight now. At technique he is better and he has more heart. Thiago Silva is unbeaten and is among the bests of the weight division and he has technique enough to go through this fight, but he is going to face another Brazilian, but I don’t know well the other one. It is a strong guy ... Wilson Gouveia has heavy hands, has showed in other events also. With Toquinho, I think if the fight goes to the ground it is dangers ... I think he will win the fight, he came very strong, submitting everybody. It is hard to say that he is not going to have a positive result.

It’s the belt at your mind?

Since my first UFC fight I think about that. I knew it was early, but I imagined that. Slowly I think I'm coming, but I just do not try to think baout that, I try to focus myself, but this is a consequence, and also depends on the event’s promoteurs. Everything is goind to be good for me. When the time came it will be great, I will be prepared, but if they give another, It will be great to because I will have more chance to prepare myself better and when I have the chance I will be prepared.

2. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

I really wish Machida steps up into title contention, that being said I really hope he picks tito apart.

3. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah machida has been making some big moves and if he manages to beat tito that will throw him into title contention. The lhw division is pretty messed up right now. Chuck and Wandy both need some big wins to get a shot. Both Jardine and Machida are in a position where they can get a title shot soon. If jardine manages to beat wandy he could use that for momentum and if machida does the same to tito he could use that for momentum. Then you have rashad out there who is 16 - 0 in the lhw devision and eventually they are gonna need to throw him at another big name guy or give him a title shot.

Id like to see lidell vs rashad happen lol. Some one needs to make that fucker lose already

4. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Imagine that. Both fighters think they are going to win.

5. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

machida knocking somebody out? i'll beleive it when i see it

6. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Machida musta raped dana whites dog or something how many people does he need to beat to get a title shot. He is gonna pick tito to peices

7. RMarks

RMarks New Member

He KO'd Franklin

8. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

and Soku well kinda

9. Sylva

Sylva New Member

:hsugh:

That was an Arm Triangle.

10. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Didnt he stun him before they went down?

11. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

hes doesnt have many fights under his belt and doesnt fight to frequently. He really wasnt that well known till he beat sodokosjeheknehajle :squint:

12. alkalinesolo

alkalinesolo Active Member

It took like 3 minutes for him to get the arm triangle on after they went to the ground....

13. Sylva

Sylva New Member

14. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Nobody's ever knocked Tito out cold. I can see him winning it by keeping distance, but if he goes for the KO he'll be slammed to the mat and I don't see him being able to sub Tito or do anything from there.

15. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

One of them has to lose, and we will find out who it is soon enough, most likely on the night of the fight, after the fight has occured.