Lycos Sidesearch...about to pull my hair out!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Craig91, Aug 12, 2004.

  1. Craig91

    Craig91 New Member

    Aug 9, 2004
    Likes Received:
    Somehow early last week, I had noticed Lycos sidesearch showing up on various webpages that it never used to show up on before. I did a google search and found that I could just regularly uninstall it w/ the "Add/Remove programs", but Lycos was not listed in there at all, or any variant of it. I continued to search and found a "Clear-Search uninstaller". Downloaded that, and that was no help either. I searched YET AGAIN and found a list of things to remove from my registry and managed to get rid of 75% of them. The other 25% that were on the list were not in my registry.....odd maybe? I also did a search within regedit for "lycos" and "sidesearch" and deleted everything that came up in relevance to that. I had even resorted to INSTALLING Sidesearch from their site, and then installing it with Add/Remove, but to no avail.

    I'm at wits end with this thing, and it drives me nuts to see it pop up on the left hand side of the browser. Does anyone out there know how the hell to get rid of it for good?
  2. crotchfruit

    crotchfruit Guest

Share This Page