LTR help

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by alcoholic07, Dec 28, 2007.

1. alcoholic07

alcoholic07 New Member

(first time posting here)

We've been together two years now, we live in a quiet town with a big city near us. There isn't much to at the moment, my town has a sports city and alot of pubs.

I know there is alot of threads on first dates and I would still take her to those places...if they were near. But my problem is I see her every day and I'm completely out of ideas of things to do and places to go.

(btw money is tight too, i'm a student. Been saving up for the last month to go shopping in London together)

Any help?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Well first of all maybe you should cut down your time together a tad. Seeing each other every day of the week can sometimes be unhealthy. You need to have consecutive lives of your own too. This would also eliminate the constant need to think up new things to do.

I'd help more with ideas but other than all the date threads in the sticky I don't know your area :dunno:

3. alcoholic07

alcoholic07 New Member

Maybe I over exaggerated with every day. We go to different colleges and we both work. We just try to see each other for hopefully 2 hours a day.

There is cinema and bowling etc, but thats a bus, price and getting home in time. I was hoping for ideas like old school picnic in the woods and such. Never been a relationship this long can't see it ending soon ether.

4. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

picnics in the park are awesome, did that for my LT bf for valentine's last year and he thought it was great. go on walks through places that are pretty close by, where there is interesting scenery like lakes or trails or something. There's a lot of free/donation only museums, butterfly exhibits, arboretums, things like that-- you may not know about them, but if you look they may be not too far away. Go star gazing by laying in an open, dark field. A lot of cool things you can do on a budget.

Also, maybe spending time apart would be beneficial like beer said. Trust me on that, my bf and I have been together almost 5 years and go to colleges hours apart. When we get back together, just doing those little things seems amazing again. You should both maintain your own hobbies/friends/etc. to keep the excitement in the relationship, as well as continually looking for new things to do.

5. alcoholic07

alcoholic07 New Member

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

maybe alternate weeks between seeing each other a little bit every day and some weeks seeing each other less frequently, but for longer?

7. alcoholic07

alcoholic07 New Member

I don't think the amount of time we spend together is going to create new things to do.

8. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

its not going to create new things to do but it will make those times together more exciting and interesting. Just take a day off every now and then is all.

9. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

I understand wanting to spice things up a bit. I've been with my SO for a little over a year. We live together and sometimes it's akward because you get bored being together so much, and you get what I call Now What Syndrome. When this happens to us he'll go on a guy's night, or we'll do a good old fashioned dinner and a movie. That always seems to do the trick.

10. kf4zht

kf4zht New Member

Since you have been together a decent amount of time try a date that may be iffy. Wouldn't want to take a first date on it, but you two can laugh if it doesnt work out.

Go hiking, picnic, free museums, etc.