LS1 crew v.coilpacks *pic*

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Gonrad, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Gonrad

Gonrad OT Supporter

I'm making my own plug wires since I am using LS1 coilpacks on a custom application (non-GM vehicle).

I bought MSD's universal SuperConductor ignition wires and rubber boot ends.

However I am not sure what the end that goes inside the coilpack is supposed to look like on an actual LS1 specific ignition wire.

Here's the end I created that will go on the coilpack. I looked inside the coilpack and I see a metal probe.

Is the LS1 specific plug end supposed to touch this probe? Is it supposed to fit in tight over the probe or can it touch the bottom of the probe and still work?

Let me know if you want to see more pics. :)

I posted on LS1tech and was told of a special end but I'm not sure where to get it. Any ideas on how I can improvise? :dunno:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pogi

Pogi Official Pointy Boot Guey Ver 1.0

That looks to me like it would be the end that goes on the coilpack.

Usually the Spark plug ends are longer, and have grips on them.

3. Gonrad

Gonrad OT Supporter

Well what you see in the 90deg boot is what goes on a spark plug or even distrib.

That end came with that 90deg boot so I guess it was meant to be used that way.

Problem is I couldn't seem to find the end that is meant for the coil packs.

So I figure what the hell and just crushed that piece there so that it fits tight over the probe inside the coilpack.

Should do the trick right? :dunno:

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Yes, it should do the trick just fine.

Put petroleum jelly on all the electrical contacts to prevent corrosion, and remember to pull the rubber boot back before you clip the wire onto the coilpack so the wire will be able to get a nice firm grip. Then push the boot back into place.