A&P Lowlight question.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by zawizzi, Dec 24, 2007.

1. zawizzi

zawizzi New Member

i've been wondering how to take shots of low light situations, like in a basement or garage, and have objects in movement not be as blurry as they are coming out.

[​IMG]

the guy on the left is pretty much blurred out and the right is fine for what i want. i was using a fujifilm s700 on its aperture setting with the shutter speed as fast as it can be. i dont know much, this is my first camera :noes: and i'm just wondering how to not have the picture underexposed but have less "blur." idk if that makes sense but

2. kristin

kristin my dog > *

Add more light or up the ISO :dunno:

3. Spurious

Spurious New Member

Not stripping the EXIF data would have helped us, but since you're not using a DSLR adding a faster lens isn't an option so your choice is add more light or tell them to stand still and use a tripod. Your camera also goes up to 1600 ISO, so if you're OK with a grainy photo keep bumping it up until the shutter speed faster than 1/60 or so.

4. zawizzi

zawizzi New Member

sorry about the exif data, didnt even know i did that. i dont really want a grainy picture but i'll mess with the iso and try to find a middle ground. thank you both for the help.

5. e.pie

e.pie Active Member

6. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

you need to use a flash...there is enough light for your eye to see things just fine but not enough for the camera to "see" the same thing. add light or speed up your shutter.