Lowering Standards?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BradUF, Jan 27, 2007.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Come on, every guy out there wants an 8-10 but clearly there are not enough hot girls to go around and some guys just have to settle for less then what they have dreamed. I honestly don't think that every guy out there has what it takes to get a 10 no matter what they do. So what happens when you are one of those guys wanting a 10? Isn't wanting something that you can never achieve just going to make you feel like crap? I just feel like some of the girls that hit on me treat me like an equal at least. So the question comes down to is it acceptable to lower standards and to what degree. Or do you all believe that if you want a 10, then you will never be happy until you have that 10?

2. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

You will eventually grow up and realize there is more to women than looks. As you grow old, looks fade, so your relationship needs to be based on other things.

3. Ghetto_mathie

Ghetto_mathie New Member

When they're 50, they all kinda look the same, more or less. Question is which one will treat you like their king still.

Although I've seen many cases where girls are similar (expect a 10), when they are obviously a 5 or less. Some of my female friends included. But I guess these are the girls who's parents keep telling them that they're beautiful when they are not.

4. BradUF

BradUF Guest

But that doesn't really apply with guys as much. I mean a guy who is a 5 could do a 10 because girls are not attracted to looks like guys are. A girl who is a 5 will never get a guy who is a 10 unless the dude is using her for something.

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I would expect some disagreement from the women about not being attracted to looks.

Contrary to what you see on sitcoms, I don't see many fat guys with hot women

6. BradUF

BradUF Guest

No, looks do apply for guys but not like we apply them to women. I mean yes, if you are fucking 250 pounds, you are basicly fucked with the women but if you are an avrg guy you still have a chance with a girl a few points higher then you. Not that it wont be hard to do.
    So, if a fat guy expects a 10 and does not think he would be happy with nothing less, should he just say fuck it and get with a 4?

7. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Hmm, I guess that's the problem, looking at women as numbers, I tend to look at women as women and how they rate in my desirable ideals, beliefs, etc, not compared to other women. :dunno:

8. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I completely disagree with the first part of your statement, and agree with the second part.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

you have a lot of growing up to do

10. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I take all of that back Lady Goodman... I was just in a much better mood 2 years ago, and I was on top of the world and I don't know what happen. Anyways back on topic, still clearly there are not enough chicks that just about every guy wants out there. They seem few and far apart. So who gets fucked in the end?

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Baisically, in most cases, a man's looks are a "foot in the door." If he does things to turn her off (generally this is done by putting her on a pedestal, not being a challenge, supplication, etc.), then the looks mean nothing.

But if the physically unattractive man can figure out a way to get his "foot in the door" and does the opposite of the above example, he can trigger her attraction and she will potentially overlook his physical features.

The woman would prefer man #1's looks and man #2's personality combined into one man. But if that isn't available, man #2 is going to have a much better chance with her.

12. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Do you really want the "girls every guy wants?" Who are you trying to impress?
    There are reasons guys want those girls, and it's not just because they are "hot." You'll figure that out eventually and wish you had a lot sooner.

13. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

I want what makes me happy, be it a 10 or a 2, the man who can satisfy me sexually, emotionally and all that good stuff...thats the goods.

14. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

How are you defining a "10"? Is it just the Bo Derek scale (basically looks only)? When I think of women I want to have a relationship with and what really turns me on, yeah, looks are part of it, but what they do for a living, level of intelligence, and interests all play a huge part in defining a "10".

I've also understood for a long time that one's feelings about a person influence our perceptions of that person so that if you are in a relationship you really can't see the other person on a purely physical plane.

15. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

i read only the first few posts.... a ten as in looks? looks will only last a short while... you need to find a girl that's a ten in more ways than just her looks.

just my opinion...

16. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well yeah, clearly whats a 10 to one person could be an 7 to another.

17. deznutz

deznutz New Member

I've lowered my standards before...and i will never do it again in my life...

18. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

See, I think considering someone a 10 based purely on looks, not taking into account things like personality, is already lowering one's standards. Why would I want to date a really "hawt" fence post?

19. Iced

Iced New Member

I'm Still Qu

20. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I know we're not supposed to ask for pics, and I'm not, but are you a "ten" yourself.
    ibin4pics

21. BradUF

BradUF Guest

No, I am not a 10 as far as looks go but looks don't matter that much as a guy. I dunno, sometimes I feel like I would put up with alot less BS if I would just date some of the girls that hit me on instead of getting with girls I have to expend large amounts of effort to get and keep.

22. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

No need to lower your standards, just increase your alcohol consumption.

I think it was George Carlin that said, "I've never fucked a 10 before but I did fuck five 2s." :)

I don't like lowering my standards and I've found I really don't have to. Ok...so perhaps a particular girly isn't smoking hot at first...however, if we click, she get's a hell of a lot better looking....well unless she's really ugly. But srsly, it's amazing how much better looking they become when we click.

23. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I always wondered if this was because some of the EXTREMELY hot women have ZERO confidence, and I wonder if they think that they are like 3s, and so they'll never get a better guy than a 3.

24. multiplexor

multiplexor Intellectual

you know this is... true...

i used to want super thing girls... but now i care much much less about that, and prefere someone who's funny, chill, smart, etc...

Regardless, we all base on looks initially... it's hard not to. But it's easier to dismiss minor details i guess one could say...

25. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I've found that a ten on the outside is usually a 3 on the personality side. I've raised my standards to find a woman that has the highest average of BOTH inner and outer traits. That usually means a 7-9 on the outside, and a 8-10 on the personality side.