Lower back soreness?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by gubment cheese, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gubment cheese

gubment cheese New Member

My lower back gets extremely tight/sore when doing deadlifts, stiff-legged deads, and sometimes squats. The weird thing is that I only feel the stiffness/tightness for up to a few minutes after doing these exercises.

For example, today I did 5 sets of squats (to parallel), followed by 4 sets of SLDL (lower back was too tight to do set#5). By the time I was done with shoulder work for the day, my back felt fine. This was around noon, and now at 10pm, I still don't feel any pain in my back.

I don't want to hurt myself...does this sound like a weak lower back, or poor form...or is this just normal?

2. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Damn dude, I think you might have full blown AIDS, you should see the doctor.

3. Knightmare X

Knightmare X OT Supporter

I don't know what your problem is, but be careful. I had a back injury a little over a year ago and it is still killing me despite everything I have tried.

4. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

I'd probably start taking some Dianabol then see how you feel for your next few leg workouts

5. Jaded

Jaded New Member

I did my first deadlifts/squats today and after i was done, about 20 min later i felt something in my lower back, diddnt feel like pain so I just assumed its cuz i havnt really worked it before

6. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

I am afraid to workout my lower back because of an injury. :wtc:

7. ices

ices New Member

Sounds like you're just getting a pump in your lower back. The same tightness happens to me. You'll know if it's a back injury. I have a herniated disc in my lower back and at best, it feels uncomfortable. At worst, I can feel pain in my knees. Stretching my lowerback and hamstrings definately help (me) to relieve the tension from working out.

8. Durk

Durk New Member

You shouldn't go over 60lbs in the deadlift.

9. gubment cheese

gubment cheese New Member

I don't have full blown AIDS. I have SuperAids. But that has never caused a problem with my lifting before.

As far as taking D-bol, I am in the middle of a winny cycle, so I'd rather wait until that's done. (I still have 9 weeks to go on this cycle). I will take 3 weeks for PCT and then jump on teh d-bawlz. Thanks, Ceaze!

Oh yeah, and until then, I'll just stop doing deads and squats. Nothing but curls and bench for the next 2 months, baby!

10. Layman

Layman New Member

My lower back gets sore, but in a good way - no injuries yet.

However, I do find it more and more difficult to lean backwards, pivoting at the base of my spine. It feels like I'm stretching some muscles in my lower back by doing so, but that doesn't make a lot of sense...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.