lower back pain

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by no come down, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no come down

no come down ..... and in this place you'll see me OT Supporter

im experiencing a sometimes numb pain in my lower back region, which is an old bent over row injury i have somehow aggrevated (i dont know if i my new bed has done it, or adding deadlifts to purs routine 3 weeks ago and doing them with bad form) What sort of stretches / exercises do people do for their lower back? ive took a week off from the gym - last night my lower back felt great, however i woke up in the middle of the night (having been sleeping on my back) and it was pretty numb again, leading me to believe its my new mattress.. i think its way too soft.

one thing though, i happen to have a very similar posture to Mikes avatar, as in how the lower back just seems to be sucked in compared to the shoulderblades, and in my time lurking on FnN i remember reading someting about the lumbar and what proper posture should be - someone posted up a similar problem to me and how they overcame it.. any help would be appreciated :)

ps ive been doing purs routine now for over 4 months (following the diet for the last 2) and am getting lots of comments from friends and family about how much bigger i am... but most imporantly, i really look forward to the gym. (apart from having to train around the sterotypes) this week off has been hard - help me FnN

2. takumi6

takumi6 New Member

shit i had horrible lower back pain (sciatic nerve) a year ago... its coming back again... go on youtube and type sciatic nerve exercise and they have varities of stretches you can do..... good luck my brother

3. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

I hurt my back last mayish with sciatic nerve pain
    I let it heal for about 6 months then started out working my back out slowly with lots of ab work and rehab exercises like birddogs
    its working well
    take it slow and strenghten that core :)

4. Grimey

Grimey New Member

I just recently had a similar scenario. Back was fucked up for two weeks, suspected it was deadlifting... didn't get better, so I decided to go see a chiropractor.

Went yesterday, and something was misaligned with my sacrum and he popped that shit back into place and it's felt better since.

Not diagnosing you or anything, but just what you're experiencing sounds a lot like what I went through.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3634142

5. no come down

hmm i wouldnt say what im experiencing is horrible pain, up until this morning i only felt a numbness when i lent forward, but after waking up this morning i feel it in most positions. ive looked up sciatic nerve and from reading that it seems to be more to do with the legs, which i havent had a problem with.

another thing though, about a month ago when i was squatting, i felt a sort of pain that i would have to say was situated at the top of my arse crack and then inside a few inches - ive only felt that a few times when squatting and never thought much of it. i wonder if it could be related? my back pain at the moment favors my left side of the back

6. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

il reply when i m sober or u can buy stuarts m books at backfitpro.com

7. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

:rofl:

8. no come down

yeh im looking more into sciatic pain that people are having im more convinced that i dont have anything like that.. crippling pain plus pain down arse / legs.. i dont have that fortunatly.

i think what the problem might be is a combination of adding deadlifts to my routine a few weeks ago , and my bad form doing them has aggrevated my old injury, plus, despite how superior i feel to everyone at the gym who only work their beach muscles while i do purs routine, i very rarely do sit-ups or anything else to work my core... looks like im gonna be researching and adding in a few new exercises when i head back heh :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.