Lower Back Injury?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by mestizo, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mestizo

mestizo New Member

I hurt my lower back the other day lifting a box I thought would be light... :doh:

I can't bed over and toch my toes or stretch right now without alot of pain. Sitting up and walking doesn't hurt at all. I figured someone on this board might have had a back injury before and have any tips for recovery.

I've tried to work against resistance and its just too painful so I'm sitting around on my ass right now. :wtc:

2. mestizo

mestizo New Member

3. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

can't be diagnosed over the internet

4. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

5. White_Hype

White_Hype Guest

see a doc ASAP and stop fucking lifting until you do!

this same exact shit happened to me last november (was dead lifting 400lbs x8 and my lower back just gave out...)

could hardly move without some pain for the next day.... after that it would just hurt when i stressed it or bend down etc... saw a doc, said it was a small tear and it has SLOWLY gotten better

still not 100%.... more like 70%. I can lift heavy but just can't do: squats, deadlifts, bb rows

6. pure

pure New Member

i just hurt my back this morning deadlifting a light ass weight, i guess i wasn't paying attention to my form. i went to a doctor and he said it was just a strain and prescribed me some diclofenac and cyclobenzaprine. i can go to work but i decided to just stay home for a few days :mamoru: he also said no lifting for at least 2 weeks and put heat on it.

you should def go see a doctor.

7. White_Hype

White_Hype Guest

i got the same exact thing and the doc said the same thing too.... still not 100% 10 months later

8. mestizo

mestizo New Member

Well a week of just light stretching and my back feels 100% again, I guess it was just a really mild strain but BOY did it suck for a day or two. I've worked against resistance again using my back with absolutely NO pain, so I doubt I'll go see a doctor unless I get pain again.

9. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

you're not supposed to stretch your lower back, nor strained muscles in general

10. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

just stop doing anything that hurts your back.

only thing that will probably heal it is time.

make sure you're eating regular and getting a lot of sleep. You'll feel better in a few weeks.

11. mestizo

mestizo New Member

:eek3: I wasn't putting alot on my back, it seemed to help. This is good to know tho I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.