lower back injury recovery

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Mojo, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mojo

Mojo New Member

last month i pulled sumo going heavy and eventually strained my lowerback. odd thing was deadlifts were the first exercises i did and gm's was last. when i got to the gm's, thats where my lowerback got strained and i went home. so to speed up recovery process, i did light stretching. the first week after the injury, i wasnt able to do any lowerback workout...rows, deads, reverse hypers, gm's, etc. i was basically stuck with doing lat pull downs, pull ups, and other upper lat work.

fast foward 1 month: i can finally do bent over barbell rows and reverse hypers fine, but not db bent over rows. doing good mornings with the 45lb bar still hurt my lowerback the most. afterall, this was what started the lowerback injury. i could barely crack my back by sitting on a chair and twisting my body or do the 45 degree leg press:hs:

so im asking, should i be waiting it out longer or is it time to visit the doctor? i dont even know if my medical is still valid :o i heard massages could also help with recovering from pains/aches...any truth behind this?

this has been killing me on the deads and bench:wtc:

2. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Why on earth haven't you gone to the doctor yet?

3. DJ Cripsen

DJ Cripsen New Member

wait 3 more months. Thats what I did.

4. Mojo

Mojo New Member

:eek3:
    during the "recovering" process, did you still do lightweight lowerback lifts? perferably the deadlift

5. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

if it truly is a strain the doc will only give you some motrin and muscle relaxing pills. Just go buy them in the deli, take some time off, and start training your lower back with reverse hypers and hypers 2x a week. You hurt it most likely because you were not training it enough and overexerted it (with bad form) on the deadlifts.

6. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

You don't rehab by doing deadlifts and goodmornings

7. velamint

velamint Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon

I have lower back problems...went to the doctor a while back, took xrays, nothing on there, doctor thought it was muscular. Put in phys therapy, did ab work, stretching, but I think what helped most was going on the elliptical trainer and jogging - it seemed to work my lower back as a support muscle in a good way. Other than that, my pain usually peaks from doing different lifting exercises, but I cant really do anything like deadlifts and have a hard time doing squats :dunno:

8. DJ Cripsen

DJ Cripsen New Member

No the pain was still slightly there. Even now that I have started lifting again after 3-4 months, I can still feel some pain in my lower back.

9. Ludwig

Ludwig New Member

Sup bro, I also had an lower back couple month's ago. More than 6 month's i think and I already went to the massage therapy and the pain has become less noticeable. But I can still feel the pain if I try to work on the deadlift or squat's. I found this on bb.com http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis7.htm What it basically tell's you that instead of working with squat's, you work with leg curl, leg extension, etc. I haven't lift for the past month's and I feel like shit and small. I guess next week I'm going to start working out w/o dead's and squat's for a while.

10. Mojo

Mojo New Member

thanks for the help fellas.

if i can do moderate weight squats without pain, would it be a good idea to contunie so?

looks like ill be stretching everyday as much as i could. have any of you heard about the tennis ball trick? http://saveyourself.ca/articles/tennis-ball.php ill be giving that a try as well.

are their any joint supplements that can aide me in recovery?

11. Ludwig

Ludwig New Member

Hmm.. Thanks I'll give it a shot on the link you posted. Joint supplement's for back pain? Not that I know of.

12. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.