Lower back/Belt question

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by pmoney, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pmoney

pmoney Active Member OT Supporter

Jan 8, 2004
    So i pretty recently started doing deadlifts and bent over BB rows. I am pretty sure I am using correct form, but sometimes I stretch/strain my lower back a bit much. A couple days ago over the weekend I couldn't run more then 3/4 of a mile because my back was really sore and I couldnt keep it up properly. It is a lot better since then.

I have been doing DB bent over rows for a while now, never really got heavy on them till recently.

Today, I tried for the first time Straight leg deadlifts on the smith machine because I thought it would be better to try it out there.:mamoru: Stupid idea, I couldn't even get half of the ROM with a regular BB. But anyways, probably partly due to this my lower back was very sore and I wasn't feeling it as much as I would like in the hamstrings.

Do you guys think it would be benefical for me to start using a belt for some of these excersizes? Or do you think just resting my back and slowly working on it with good form will keep it from injury. I mean I will be doing that anyway, but you think its a good idea to get a belt? the bible mentions that it may be a blessing and curse to use a belt but I don't want to get a lower back injury.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.