Lower back aches.. ?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DatacomGuy, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

So yesterday was leg day..

I decided to do something different, and that was DB squats before my lunges..

I still can't do regular squats until my knee is capable of supporting the weight.

While I was doing the DB squats, my lower back would start aching (while coming up out of squat). I was following form correctly (straight back, forward head, chest high, flat feet, bending at knees and hips)...

Could this be from just weak core? Wasn't severe pain or anything, just an annoying ache..

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Guest

When was the last time you worked your back? It could just be soarness. It also could be a weak back so it hurts as it tries to stabilize you. If it's a weak back try to strengthen it doing any routine you can do.

3. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

do you think that the DBs could have created some twist?

4. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I've heard that the lower back is typically the weakest link for most people in their posterior chain.

A few weeks ago when I got into lifting I strained my lower back pretty bad from squats/DL's because everything else could handle much more weight yet my lower back was slowing me down, so I did more than I should have. I took a week off from lifting altogether, but could have stuck with upper body stuff.

I would take some time off from the squats.

5. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

It's worked weekly, but it's on bicep day and sometimes I have a tendancy to not work it very hard..:hs:

I don't think so?

Are there any exercises specific to the lower back that could help strengthen?

6. etech

etech New Member

7. Huge Evil Robot

Huge Evil Robot Must not sleep, must warn others

back hypers and good mornings have been by far the most helpful in bringing my posterior chain up to speed

8. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

My back is always in top shape from using the allen core wheel. I'm sure the 600+ pound goodmornings are building my lower back strength also.

http://www.allencorewheel.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.