Lower abdominal pain?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by velamint, Mar 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. velamint

velamint Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon

anyone here ever experience some lower abnominal pain? it is more of a sharp pain, and mostly in the area that is circled here
    [​IMG]
    It's been hurting for a while now, probably at least 6 months :o. sometimes it definetely hurts more than others, i can go weeks at a time without feeling much pain...the pain is fairly sharp, but not really intense..it feels almost a couple inches under my skin level or something :hs:

2. velamint

and yeah, i need to go to a dr, but i'm just trying to get some idea of what this is before hand

3. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

It could be a hernia. The length of time that you have had it makes me think that it doesn't have to do with your appendix, although that is a common place for pain associated with appendicitis. Visit a Doctor ASAP.

4. velamint

I was thinking the hernia, but everything i found online seemed to put the pain for that in a different area. and i doubt it is anything with my appendix, as this has hurt on and off for a good while, although i guess i dont really know what it would be like in the first place

5. sprite

sprite Active Member

I have a hernia and the pain is in that same general vicinity, but a little south of there.

The pattern is pretty similar too. Everytime I tear it a little more it will be really sore for a couple of days, then might not hurt for a month. Then I'll tear it some more and it starts over.

6. ClaireBear

ClaireBear Guest

If you were female... I'd say it was menstrual cramp!

7. velamint

yeah, it actually starting hurting again recently after i had some gas after a night of drinking :o

8. velamint

i'm fairly sure i have a penis

9. Moon

Moon New Member

I have pain in the same area, just like you are describing. A few years back I would get a sharp pain there once in a while. Then about a year ago I had a much stronger pain there that lasted for over a week. My dumbass did not go to the hospital, but I assumed it had something to do with my appendix. I figured if the pain got to overwhelming I would go to the ER. The pain ended up fading away for the most part, but I still feel pain there once in a while.

I would make an appointment with the doctor if I was you :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.