A&P Lowepro Flipside200 Review

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by mtkversion, Jul 3, 2008.

1. mtkversion

mtkversion Good Times Aplenty

hi all,

i've been using the bag for the past couple weeks and am ready to give a mini-review.

[​IMG]

it's a small/medium sized pack that looks very compact but holds quite a bit as you'll see shortly. very comfortable, having the 2 straps instead of a sling style could save your shoulders on a long outing.

[​IMG]

i love the back opening for the security factor. i shoot in clubs/parties so i have no worries about my keys/wallet/personals that i throw into the bag as i use my camera. that peace of mind factor is worth the price of the bag alone. the padding is comfortable and the workmanship of the bag is top notch.

[​IMG]

this is my current and most used bag setup for club/party events. i can hold the camera + 3 lenses + 1 flash + accessories/biz cards/hoods/batteries/etc. + i attached a strap so i can loop my monopod to the bag when i need it.

[​IMG]

comfortable, compact & cheap.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the hands-free aspect of the bag is great too .. comfortable and it never feels like the bag is going to fall. i can even do my lens changes/setup on the bag itself as it acts as a steady platform. great design.

so i've used this bag mainly for shooting clubs/events and its done a great job. it's small in form but it carries a surprisingly large amount of gear. i can even fit a 70-200mm with a little readjusting. i feel secure using it and it protects my gear very well.

i paid $60 shipped from adorama and that's a great deal .. it's a tremendous bag for the price as long as you aren't disappointed that it can't carry more!

im going to look at more lowepro stuff in the future for larger setups/notebook bags ... great quality stuff. :)

2. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

Nice review man. Wish it was something I could use though. Even the Canon bag is too small for what I need anymore.

3. alexromo

alexromo New Member

god damn for that price, its a fucken steal

4. ///Mik3

///Mik3 New Member

gotta say i'm a fan of lowepro.

How exactly does the "hands free" deal work?

5. turbodude

turbodude Just a photographer OT Supporter

+1 how the fuck?

6. mtkversion

7. fatass

fatass New Member

kind of suprised costco sells this, might try it out

8. Creator

Creator The Creator Has a Master Plan

I need a new bag as my sling is getting too small

9. ¤

¤ New Member

Thanks for the review! I'll keep this bag in mind when I have more stuff to lug around :cool:

10. mtkversion

usually when i want to take everything i just take the canon bag out as that fits pretty much all my gear then i'll bring a small tote on the side for any accessories (chargers, filters, misc. etc)

the lowepro was purchased for a specific purpose which it does beautifully, but due to the overall flexibility of the bag it's become my main carry around. i just have to be more selective in what equipment i take but sometimes that can be a good thing because i usually lug out equipment i never use that just takes up space/weight. :noes:

i'll also be getting a burton L zoom pack soon to test out .. :cool:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008