Lowbudget computer buildup help needed

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Hezkezl, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Hezkezl

Hezkezl Rawr! OT Supporter

Apr 26, 2004
    Building a computer for a friend of mine. Currently, the only thing we have lined up is the CPU, an AMD 3700+, which is obviously of the 939 Socket. Anyways. I need suggestions for a low budget build. This won't be used for high-end gaming, mainly it'll be used for browsing the internet/watching an occasional movie/homework/light gaming (typical family computer)

Need suggestions for the mobo (preferably with onboard video, but meh), case/psu, ram, and videocard (in case a mobo with onboard video can't be found) Any burners that might be put into this would just be of the ho-hum type, say something from Wal-Mart, for example :mamoru:

Anyways. Looking to spend in the neighborhood of $300 to $400 for the entire thing, counting $50 for this cpu I'm going to sell him (so in actuality $250 - $350). Yeah, I know they could've gotten a Dell or something for about the same price, but they don't like that company for some reason.. :dunno:

I've done a little bit of looking around, but my ability to pick parts that work together correctly is... less than perfect :mamoru: